The Minority in Parliament is demanding the immediate resignation or removal of the Chief Executive Officer for the Northern Development Authority (NDA) over procurement breaches.
The NDC MPs are accusing Dr. Alhassan Sulemana Anamzoya of sharing contracts to members of the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) without following due process.
Addressing the media, Tamale South MP and a member of Parliament’s Appointments Committee, Alhassan Suhuyini cited a letter written by Northern Regional Secretary of the NPP, Sule Sambian to the CEO of the Authority directing him to give a number of contracts to some identified party faithful.
“When the Minister (Hawa Koomson) who was responsible for that sector (Special Initiatives) then appeared before the Appointment Committee, it came to light that indeed our worse fear was the case; that is side-stepping the law and breaching with impunity procurement laws that we are all supposed to abide by to improve governance and reduce if not to eliminate corruption,” Mr. Alhassan Suhuyini added.
He also revealed that the Minority in Parliament is in possession of a letter from the NDA CEO demanding 5% extra payments from the said contractors to finance the party’s 2020 campaign.
Again, Mr. Suhuyini said there were letters from the Authority asking Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited (CBG) to make available loans to contractors without the financial capacity to execute the projects.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government
- Climate-smart agricultural practices should be linked to household food security – Climate expert
- Accra Visual Arts Week is back
- Let’s generate African data to empower our AI systems – Computer scientist
- Playback: One-on-one with Fifi Kwetey on PM Express
- I won’t let politics destroy our brotherhood – Fred Nuamah on fracas with John Dumelo
- IMF Executive Board approves US$3bn under new Extended Fund Facility arrangement for Sri Lanka
- 10 enthralling reasons to tune into Joy Prime channel
- Abolish Section 27 of CAP 127 which makes Islamic marriages invalid – Dwomoh