The General Secretary of the National Democratic Congress (NDC), Fifi Kwetey says the party’s ongoing primaries have been well organised, despite some isolated disturbances.
According to him, based on his tour of various voting centres in the Greater Accra Region and reports from other regions, he is happy with the peaceful conduct of the elections.
The chief scribe of the NDC made these remarks when he made a brief stop at the Zenith University College; where party faithful from the La Dadekotopon Constituency are currently gathered.
“I think so far it’s been very well organised. I want to congratulate our election committee, all our security people over here”.
“Generally the party delegates who have been here as well. So far [for] all the places I’ve been, it’s been very smooth”, he told reporters.
Mr Kwetey added that based on the smooth turn of events, he is looking forward to a successful completion of the polls, as the party awaits to outdoor its new flagbearer.
Meanwhile, the campaign manager of John Mahama, Professor Joshua Alabi says he’s confident his candidate will win the NDC flagbearership contest by an overwhelming margin.
According to him, the former president will carry the day with 99.9% of the total valid votes cast.
The former UPSA Vice Chancellor said when he also stopped by at the Zenith University College; where the La Dadekotopon Constituency primaries of the NDC is ongoing.
“My expectation is for His Excellency John Mahama to make above what he made in the previous election; which is above 85%, closing to 99.9%”, he said.
In a related develdevelopment, the incumbent Member of Parliament for La Dadekotopon, Rita Odoley Sowah, says she has delivered on 75% of her campaign promises, hence confident of victory.
Reacting to claims of failure by one of her opponents who earlier spoke to JoyNews, the NDC lawmaker said as part of her achievements, she has been very vocal on the floor of Parliament, including her visible advocacy against the LGBTQ.
Voting in the Constituency is almost about to close.
In all, 4 polling stations have been demarcated to accommodate the 2,295 delegates who are expected to cast their ballot.
On the grounds, a team of security personnel have also been deployed. The leader of the team, has assured their readiness to ensure a peaceful process.
The presiding officer at post, Mr Kofi Frimpong, also says his charges are poised to deliver a credible and transparent process.
On the grounds, scores of delegates and party faithful are lurking around the venue in bright and colourful party regalia, with some having already cast their ballot.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- BoG interventions to restore confidence in financial sector not enough – Dr. Atuahene
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi