The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) is already facing difficulties in raising money to fund its electioneering campaign.
According to the opposition party, the governing New Patriotic Party (NPP) is deliberately not paying contractors and collapsing the businesses of persons affiliated to the NDC.
National Organiser of the NDC, Joshua Akamba, stated this on Asempa FM’s Ekosii Sen programme Wednesday.
He spoke in Twi
He alleged that the businesses surviving are those of persons closely linked to President Nana Akufo-Addo and the NPP.
“This government has destroyed all the businesses in this country; those surviving are NPP businesses,” he told show host, Philip Osei Bonsu (OB).
The NDC National Organiser bemoaned how the government had blocked cash flow into the system which he says is making it difficult for them to approach businesses for support.
“There needs to be inflow of cash but Akufo-Addo has blocked everything and only he and party cronies are surviving,” he claimed.
Mr Akamba further alleged that even persons who supported both NDC and NPP have had their businesses destroyed.
This notwithstanding, he said many people, including sympathisers of the NPP, are contributing their widow’s mite towards the NDC’s campaign.
“The NDC will win the elections with zeal and commitment of people who want to see this wicked government out,” Mr Akamba added.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- 12 leading clubs confirm formation and format for breakaway Super League
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
- Teen charged in killing of 45-year-old Ghanaian Lyft driver in the US
New cocoa management system to promote transparency
Thirteen drown as vehicle plunges into canal in Philippines
GNC complies with EPA directives to stop pollution of Tano River
Industries are killing water bodies in Greater Accra – Kpone Mantse
Vanessa Bryant shares intimate wedding picture to mark 20th anniversary with Kobe Bryant
Fire engulfs Mampong College of Education administration block
Corruption in Ghana a reality that must be addressed – Prof. Adei
Hollard Life Launches MeBanbɔ to provide insurance for underserved
Norwegian Ambassador to Ghana pays courtesy call on Communication Minister
Cadres Tema meeting doesn’t conflict with NDC retreat – Kunbour
500 Covid-19 vaccines expire due to low patronage in some regions
Fire razes over 30 shops at Kumasi Central Market
Afienya, Ashaiman, Katamanso and other areas in Accra to have interrupted supply – Water Company
2 drug traffickers excrete 191 pellets of cocaine, heroin at Nigerian airport
Japan Motors launches New Nissan Sunny in Ghana