The National Communications Officer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has filed a criminal complaint against the legislator for Assin Central.
Sammy Gyamfi’s action follows alleged threats issued by Kennedy Agyapong during an interview on Asempa FM.
In the suit sighted by JoyNews and signed by AB&M Legal Consult, Sammy Gyamfi alleged that Kennedy Agyapong had threatened to cause him harm or death through thugs under his control and direction.
“While speaking in the Twi language on the said programme, Mr. Kennedy Agyapong stated among other things that, if our client does proceed with his advocacy on national issues in a particular manner, he shall in a matter of three seconds organize his thugs to beat and or finish our client mercilessly”, part of the complaint read.
Citing the death of Ahmed Suale, Sammy Gyamfi said he was disturbed by the threats, hence the decision to formally report the issue to the police.
“Having regard to recent history and the notorious fact that a prominent investigative journalist by name Ahmed Suale was shot and murdered in cold blood by some unknown criminals following similar threats made on his life by the same Mr. Kennedy Agyapong; our client, as a law-abiding citizen feels compelled to formally write to you and lodge a complaint against the said Mr. Kennedy Agyapong.
“This will avert a possible repeat of what happened to the late Ahmed Suale when his life was threatened by Mr. Kennedy Agyapong on that very ‘Ekosisen’ platform and other media platforms.”
The NDC’s communicator is, therefore, requesting for investigations to commence into the conduct of Mr. Kennedy Agyapong in accordance with the Criminal Offenses Act of Ghana, 1960 (Act 29.)
- Playback: Akufo-Addo delivers 25th address on measures taken against Covid-19
- Cameron Duodu: Sɛbe o, tafrakyɛ, na ‘Ɔte K’ɔkɔɔ Soɔ’ deɛ, yɛbɔ n’ano sɛn? – With all due respect, how can the occupant of the Golden Stool be silenced?
- Fuel prices to go up again – Chamber of Petroleum Consumers Ghana
- Kokomba warriors kill human-attacking antelopes
- Taskforce destroys excavators allegedly belonging to NPP Women’s Organiser
- 23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals
- 2nd dose of Covid-19 vaccines to be deployed from May 19 – Akufo-Addo
- Full text: Akufo-Addo’s 25th address on measures to deal with Covid-19 pandemic
- African Ministers of Health endorse and support Africa Common Position on Covid-19 passport
- Hologram, QR Code to authenticate full vaccination status of Ghanaians
Authorities of Cape Coast School for the Deaf and Blind appeal for infrastructural support
Classroom block for Islamic School commissioned in Akatsi North
DR Congo: 30 sentenced to death over anti-police clashes
PPP backs calls for independent probe into alleged assault of Caleb Kudah
Bawumia endorses Ghana’s candidate for Commonwealth Youth Council
Livestream: 5th edition Ghana CEO Summit
Mahama’s ‘dumsor’ is different from Akufo-Addo’s – Kweku Awotwi
GIPC hints of 5 years tax holidays for aquaculture investors
PharmAccess’ Dr Maxwell Antwi appointed to UHC2030 Advisory Group
Assault on journalists: Media Groups call for restructuring of National Security agency among others
Dr. Adoma Dwomo-Fokuo Odame: Dear Sam George, red is the only colour that matters
Miss Universe contestants unveil protest messages in politically charged pageant
Galamsey: Desilting and dredging of the Offin river underway
Enhance babies’ food with micronutrient powder – Nutrition Officer
23-year-old arrested for attempting to sacrifice his nephew for money rituals