The National Communications Officer for the National Democratic Congress (NDC) has filed a criminal complaint against the legislator for Assin Central.
Sammy Gyamfi’s action follows alleged threats issued by Kennedy Agyapong during an interview on Asempa FM.
In the suit sighted by JoyNews and signed by AB&M Legal Consult, Sammy Gyamfi alleged that Kennedy Agyapong had threatened to cause him harm or death through thugs under his control and direction.
“While speaking in the Twi language on the said programme, Mr. Kennedy Agyapong stated among other things that, if our client does proceed with his advocacy on national issues in a particular manner, he shall in a matter of three seconds organize his thugs to beat and or finish our client mercilessly”, part of the complaint read.
Citing the death of Ahmed Suale, Sammy Gyamfi said he was disturbed by the threats, hence the decision to formally report the issue to the police.
“Having regard to recent history and the notorious fact that a prominent investigative journalist by name Ahmed Suale was shot and murdered in cold blood by some unknown criminals following similar threats made on his life by the same Mr. Kennedy Agyapong; our client, as a law-abiding citizen feels compelled to formally write to you and lodge a complaint against the said Mr. Kennedy Agyapong.
“This will avert a possible repeat of what happened to the late Ahmed Suale when his life was threatened by Mr. Kennedy Agyapong on that very ‘Ekosisen’ platform and other media platforms.”
The NDC’s communicator is, therefore, requesting for investigations to commence into the conduct of Mr. Kennedy Agyapong in accordance with the Criminal Offenses Act of Ghana, 1960 (Act 29.)
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor