The National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme has launched the NEIP Hubs Acceleration Grant Programme under the Ghana Economic Transformation Project to support entrepreneurship and innovation hubs with $200,000.
According to the Chief Executive of the National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme, Kofi Ofosu Nkansah, the grant programme is geared towards supporting the development of the entrepreneurship ecosystem by building the capacities of entrepreneurship hubs and strengthening their growth model to ensure economic transformation and growth of startups in the country.
The NEIP Hubs Acceleration Grant Programme is to provide entrepreneurship hubs with financial and technical support to enhance their services to benefit startups in the country.
Selected hubs will receive grants up to $200,000 to support their operations, upgrade their offices and equipment and run acceleration programmes.
Speaking at the launch of the programme, the Chief Executive of the National Entrepreneurship Innovation Programme, said the hubs will be required to support and nurture the ideas of startups in the country.
“We are going to provide support to about 50 innovation and entrepreneurship hubs in the country, what they’ll have to do is to nurture the ideas of startups, support and run incubator and accelerator programmes to ensure that we are seeding ventures in the communities”, he said.
Chairman of the Ghana Hubs Network, Josiah Ayison, added that the support was timely and would help fast-track the development of startups in the country.
The NEIP Hubs Acceleration Grant Programme will focus on hubs operating in areas such as agriculture, technology and innovation, light manufacturing and processing, waste and green businesses and technical and vocational oriented hubs.
The hubs would be selected based on the submission of a sound business plan, standardization and certification requirements.
Chosen entrepreneurship hubs would be monitored and evaluated to access their progress after disbursement of the amount.
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott
- Period poverty: ‘I don’t want anyone else to use rags for sanitary pads’
- How prosperity fuels dowry demand in India
- US debt ceiling deal ready for Congress vote, Joe Biden says
- Erdogan hails election victory but Turkey left divided
- Covid was not a cover-up for corruption – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitary pads should be tax-free; not menstrual luxury – Rosetta Ntriwaah Boakye
- Venice Biennale: The woman behind the whirlwind festival
- betPawa PL: Medeama go four points clear; Hearts of Oak lose against Legon Cities
- Kamaldeen Sulemana scores twice as Southampton draw with Liverpool
- Leicester suffer Premier League relegation despite win over West Ham
- Leeds United relegated after final day defeat to Tottenham
- Dealing with absenteeism during menstruation; sanitary pad bank to aid girls in Obuasi
- We shall overcome our present economic difficulties- Akufo-Addo