Audio By Carbonatix
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) has announced a revised arrangement for the 2020/21 end-of-second semester examinations.
This comes in the wake of the suspension of the industrial action by the University Teachers Association of Ghana (UTAG) over the weekend.
A statement issued by the University, signed by Mrs Margaret Dzisi, the Deputy Registrar in-charge of Academic Affairs, and copied to the Ghana News Agency (GNA) in Kumasi, said per the revised edition, the university had set August 25-31, 2021, as the revision week.
The end-of-second semester examinations, according to the statement, had been fixed for September 01-17, 2021.
The University authorities advised the students to strive to visit the various notice boards at the Departments, Faculties, and Colleges for their respective timetables.
“We entreat students and staff of the University to take note of the arrangements and prepare accordingly,” the authorities advised.
Academic activities at the KNUST and other state-owned universities had since Monday, August 02, this year, been halted as the University Lecturers went on strike to demand improvement in their conditions of service.
Consequently, activities related to teaching, examinations, and invigilation, marking of examination scripts, and processing of results were halted to reinforce the position taken by the Lecturers.
Professor Charles Marfo, the UTAG National President, in an interview with the GNA, said the members were still negotiating with the government to ensure an improvement in their welfare.
“We are still in talks with the hope that the authorities will address our grievances within the shortest possible time,” he noted.
For now, the UTAG members, he said, had agreed in principle to resume work, effective Monday, August 23, and called on the members to abide by the decision taken by the National Executive Committee.
Latest Stories
-
Sam George petitions AG to probe $3.4m payment for CSA building project
22 seconds -
The Abronye Charge Sheet – misuse in plain sight
13 minutes -
Carvajal to leave Real Madrid after 23 years
13 minutes -
‘No bad blood’: Sam George downplays heated clash with Abena Osei-Asare
23 minutes -
Damang Gold Mine sells another 100% of its gold output to GoldBod
24 minutes -
Adansi Asokwa MP launches skills training programme for youth
28 minutes -
EPA shuts down mining site allegedly linked to former Mpohor DCE
54 minutes -
Health, educational institutions in deprived communities get free cement from Ghacem
1 hour -
GSA arrests Chinese managers for reopening locked mattress factory
1 hour -
Court grants GH¢63.5m bail to ex-NAFCO CEO and wife in alleged corruption trial
1 hour -
Kofi Jumah released after meeting GH¢30m bail terms
2 hours -
GSA shuts down 4 companies in Afienya over substandard mattresses
2 hours -
Theo Dzimega defends judge’s discretion in Abronye DC bail, criticises Afenyo-Markin’s remarks
2 hours -
Ghana Bar Association rejects ‘NPP’ tag by Ofosu Kwakye
2 hours -
Hindsight: What next for the women’s relay team after African Championships?
2 hours