It has been confirmed that the new Upper West Regional hospital will now start operations on January 9, 2020.
This is contained in a statement released to the press and signed by the Upper West regional director, Dr. Osei Kufuor Afreh.
He said the hospital would be opened to the public for clinical and non-clinical services. This follows the successful acquisition recently of provisional credentialing from the Health Facility Regulatory Agency (HeFRA) and the National Health Insurance Authority (NHIA) as a Secondary Level Health Referral Facility.
The new Upper West Regional hospital was started in 2010 and expected to be completed in 2014 but delayed owing to some constructional challenges.
The $53 million 160-bed facility was executed by Euroget De-Invest. The state of the art hospital was however commissioned on August 18, 2019, by President Akufo Addo.
Four months after the commissioning, the facility was not opened to the public let alone attending to its first patient.
Several concerned groups and individuals in the region expressed worry over the inactivity of the facility.
The opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC) also cashed in on the issue taking the President and the Ghana Health Service to town for commissioning a hospital that is not in use.
Meanwhile, the old Upper West regional hospital has now been downgraded to the status of a Municipal hospital.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- DCOP Opare Addo recounts chilling account of how he was harassed by members of the Delta Force
- Speaker Alban Bagbin urges SALL residents to petition Parliament
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
- I was traumatised by police sirens – Koku Anyidoho on his National Security experience
Livestream: Government addresses nation on Covid-19 vaccination Phase II
DCOP Opare Addo had no locus to be in office, his contract has expired – National Security Coordinator
Ghanaian-German Centre for Job launches ‘Ghana Job Fair’ to tackle youth unemployment
Teenage pregnancy surge as Upper East Region records 6,533 cases
We must protect each other against covid-19 – Imperial General Assurance MD
MUSIGA to set up new Election Committee – Ras Caleb
DSP Azugu being at post is a dereliction of duty on IGP’s part – Agalga
How to know when it’s time to end a toxic friendship
Assault on Citi FM journalist: NMC writes to National Security Ministry for update on investigations
India unlikely to resume sizable Covid-19 vaccine exports until October
Lands Minister, Abu Jinapor embarks on aerial tour of River Pra
Hospital consultation made easy using Bisa App
Tamale police arrest 3 suspected kidnappers
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho