Sunny skies and stunning nature scenes have greeted hundreds of families at Accra’s lush Legon Botanical Garden to celebrate “Family Party in the Park,” a day-long Saturday event filled with games, arts, crafts and dancing sessions for children and adults alike.
The event was created to foster bonds among family and create new friends as the Christmas holiday approaches on Tuesday.
“Many parents are busy and the ‘Party in the Park’ is a chance to bond with their children because Christmas is very special,” says Atta Offei, a Joy FM senior sales executive who helped coordinate the event. “This time of year should be a time for parents to be with their kids.”
Events are currently underway and include a fun-filled, jam-packed schedule with sessions like the Shaku Shaku Challenge, a cooking competition, brain teasers, a sack race, poetry recitals, karaoke, a rap competition and artiste performances.
“It is nice that Joy FM has made this possible for families to come and have fun,” says Amelia Nortey, a mother of two who works with one of the event’s sponsors, Eden Hobby. “It’s a very good idea and I love to come every year.”
Cephas Forson, a representative at Frytol, another event sponsor, says he looks most forward to seeing Joy FM’s top personalities. “I’m excited to meet them.”
Those personalities include Araba Koomson, Animwaa Addo, Lexis Bill, Sammy Forson, DJ Black, Doreen Andoh and Kojo Yankson.
Sponsors of the event include First National Bank, Millennium Insurance, Bic, Wilmar, Camel, Pepsi, Wormplex, Dolait, Vidya and Kidz Place.
Tickets can be purchased at the door for ¢25 for a family of six.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- A Rocha Ghana to open first Atewa Forest exhibition
- Gov't to launch new national tolling policy
- Woman takes clothes off in front of bank manager in attempt to secure a loan
- Video/Photos: This alleged ‘mad man’ torched 5 vehicles at mechanic shop
- HR Focus holds career clinic
- Supreme Court dismisses Exton Cubic case
- GhLA to revamp school, community libraries to encourage reading habits
- Education Minister makes case for promoting French language
- Tree stumps on Sene River make transportation, fishing dangerous
- Newspaper headlines: Tuesday, January 22, 2019
- Hussien-Suale’s murder: Anas, everybody is a suspect – Lawyer
- Anas dedicates latest award to slain Ahmed Hussein-Suale
- Ghana’s popular tourist sites to receive facelift in 2019
- Child draws all over dad’s passport; dad gets stuck in South Korea
- Ghanaian lawyers appeal to IGP, Interior Minister to stop "brazen" murders