Sunny skies and stunning nature scenes have greeted hundreds of families at Accra’s lush Legon Botanical Garden to celebrate “Family Party in the Park,” a day-long Saturday event filled with games, arts, crafts and dancing sessions for children and adults alike.
The event was created to foster bonds among family and create new friends as the Christmas holiday approaches on Tuesday.
“Many parents are busy and the ‘Party in the Park’ is a chance to bond with their children because Christmas is very special,” says Atta Offei, a Joy FM senior sales executive who helped coordinate the event. “This time of year should be a time for parents to be with their kids.”
Events are currently underway and include a fun-filled, jam-packed schedule with sessions like the Shaku Shaku Challenge, a cooking competition, brain teasers, a sack race, poetry recitals, karaoke, a rap competition and artiste performances.
“It is nice that Joy FM has made this possible for families to come and have fun,” says Amelia Nortey, a mother of two who works with one of the event’s sponsors, Eden Hobby. “It’s a very good idea and I love to come every year.”
Cephas Forson, a representative at Frytol, another event sponsor, says he looks most forward to seeing Joy FM’s top personalities. “I’m excited to meet them.”
Those personalities include Araba Koomson, Animwaa Addo, Lexis Bill, Sammy Forson, DJ Black, Doreen Andoh and Kojo Yankson.
Sponsors of the event include First National Bank, Millennium Insurance, Bic, Wilmar, Camel, Pepsi, Wormplex, Dolait, Vidya and Kidz Place.
Tickets can be purchased at the door for ¢25 for a family of six.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- MTN Heroes of Change Season 5 10 finalists named
- Photos: Careguide Montessori School marks AU Day
- PDS waives over ¢100m for Krobo Odumase residents
- Photos: Articulated truck tumbles on the Kwame Nkrumah Overhead
- Ghanaian scientist, Prof. Torto awarded Agropolis Louis Malassis Prize
- The Odumase bill that has led to a kill
- Security guard jailed for threatening former minister
- Defence Minister picks Chokosi, Konkomba leaders as microphones for peace mission
- Tumu SHS: Two high-schoolers nabbed for vandalism over seized phones
- Ghana may legalise same-sex marriage in 2039 - Kpebu
- Photos: US Ambassador holds Iftar with interfaith community
- Efficient agriculture surest bet to beating climate change – Experts
- Pictures: Fire ravages furniture shop at Sakaman
- Passport fees to go up
- Darkuman police station gets Church of Pentecost help