Sunny skies and stunning nature scenes have greeted hundreds of families at Accra’s lush Legon Botanical Garden to celebrate “Family Party in the Park,” a day-long Saturday event filled with games, arts, crafts and dancing sessions for children and adults alike.
The event was created to foster bonds among family and create new friends as the Christmas holiday approaches on Tuesday.
“Many parents are busy and the ‘Party in the Park’ is a chance to bond with their children because Christmas is very special,” says Atta Offei, a Joy FM senior sales executive who helped coordinate the event. “This time of year should be a time for parents to be with their kids.”
Events are currently underway and include a fun-filled, jam-packed schedule with sessions like the Shaku Shaku Challenge, a cooking competition, brain teasers, a sack race, poetry recitals, karaoke, a rap competition and artiste performances.
“It is nice that Joy FM has made this possible for families to come and have fun,” says Amelia Nortey, a mother of two who works with one of the event’s sponsors, Eden Hobby. “It’s a very good idea and I love to come every year.”
Cephas Forson, a representative at Frytol, another event sponsor, says he looks most forward to seeing Joy FM’s top personalities. “I’m excited to meet them.”
Those personalities include Araba Koomson, Animwaa Addo, Lexis Bill, Sammy Forson, DJ Black, Doreen Andoh and Kojo Yankson.
Sponsors of the event include First National Bank, Millennium Insurance, Bic, Wilmar, Camel, Pepsi, Wormplex, Dolait, Vidya and Kidz Place.
Tickets can be purchased at the door for ¢25 for a family of six.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Swedru municipal guard in assault case arrested
- Eugene Arhin recognised among 'Most Influential People of African Descent'
- Unemployed man remanded over robbery
- Absence of policy framework on road safety to blame for carnage - Lawyer
- NADMO distributes relief items to Chereponi victims
- Paul lobbied to appear on AWW Commission – Kofi Abotsi reveals
- Baako calls for ‘occasional’ media blacklist of Police Service
- Gov't working towards non-custodial sentencing regime
- Woman assaulted at Midland Savings petitions AG over dismissal of her case
- Chinese Police use alleged criminal’s childhood photo for wanted poster
- Black Friday: Randy Abbey’s critical questions to gov’t on road accidents
- Gov't taking firm steps to clear arrears owed caterers - Minister
- This is the world's busiest airport
- NDC mourns Black Friday road carnage victims
- Minority wants Roads, Transport and Interior ministers summoned over road carnage