Sunny skies and stunning nature scenes have greeted hundreds of families at Accra’s lush Legon Botanical Garden to celebrate “Family Party in the Park,” a day-long Saturday event filled with games, arts, crafts and dancing sessions for children and adults alike.
The event was created to foster bonds among family and create new friends as the Christmas holiday approaches on Tuesday.
“Many parents are busy and the ‘Party in the Park’ is a chance to bond with their children because Christmas is very special,” says Atta Offei, a Joy FM senior sales executive who helped coordinate the event. “This time of year should be a time for parents to be with their kids.”
Events are currently underway and include a fun-filled, jam-packed schedule with sessions like the Shaku Shaku Challenge, a cooking competition, brain teasers, a sack race, poetry recitals, karaoke, a rap competition and artiste performances.
“It is nice that Joy FM has made this possible for families to come and have fun,” says Amelia Nortey, a mother of two who works with one of the event’s sponsors, Eden Hobby. “It’s a very good idea and I love to come every year.”
Cephas Forson, a representative at Frytol, another event sponsor, says he looks most forward to seeing Joy FM’s top personalities. “I’m excited to meet them.”
Those personalities include Araba Koomson, Animwaa Addo, Lexis Bill, Sammy Forson, DJ Black, Doreen Andoh and Kojo Yankson.
Sponsors of the event include First National Bank, Millennium Insurance, Bic, Wilmar, Camel, Pepsi, Wormplex, Dolait, Vidya and Kidz Place.
Tickets can be purchased at the door for ¢25 for a family of six.
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Rawlings’ dispatch rider shot, suffers broken arm
- Video of chief allegedly slaughtering human is false - Police
- Krachi West supports 50 PWDs with start-up kits
- Registrar dragged to Special Prosecutor for allegedly awarding himself ȼ2m contract
- That's My Opinion: The People vs Nana Ansah Kwao IV
- Obinim fights GRA over ȼ769,000 unpaid taxes
- Assemblies of God begins 7-day fast for three kidnapped girls
- High court rescinds bail granted Gregory Afoko
- NaCCA to introduce shortcode to control ‘unapproved’ textbooks
- GES implements new curriculum September
- Newspaper headlines: Monday, July 15, 2019
- ECG, PDS dispel rumours about looming dumsor
- Former boxing champion turned pastry chef creates amazing wedding cakes
- UHAS ranked 12th best university in Ghana
- Domaine de Chantilly: The most elegant hotel in Paris