Melania Trump, First lady of the United State of America on Wednesday toured the Cape Coast Castle, a former slave post.
Mrs Trump who paid a courtesy call on the Paramount Chief of Oguaa Traditional Area Osabarima Kwesi Atta laid a wreath at the Castle.
The American First arrived in the country for a two day State visit as part of her first solo tour of 4 countries – Ghana, Egypt, Malawi and Kenya.
Her first African tour since her husband became president of the United States, Melania has taken her ‘Be Best’ campaign to Africa.
Photos by the White House
Have your say
More News Headlines
- Have a victorious attitude towards life ‘for it is finished’ – Christians told
- Galamsey fight: Words must match actions – Dotsei Malor urges gov’t
- Surgery on eyesight of MoMo merchant attacked with acid begins
- GES presents pianos to 100 senior high schools
- Police on manhunt for Nigerians who kidnapped Estonian mission head
- Sharubutu@100: Bawumia joins other Muslims to kickstart celebrations
- Chambas calls for stronger regional partnerships to promote stability
- Otumfuo@20: 'King Solomon' Asantehene receives plaudits for wise calls on disputes
- Snakes drive President Weah out of office
- UN reiterates commitment to assist Ghana abolish vigilantism
- Nigerian jailed 7 years for defilement
- Photos: Ghana earning its stars and stripes through tourism
- Kumasi: ‘Inestimable’ number of properties consumed by fire
- Myjoyonline Week in pictures: Rawlings receives new book, Akufo-Addo in Atebubu
- Road fatalities reduce in Central region