A senior officer of the National Identification Authority (NIA) has been killed after gunmen attacked a National Peace Council delegation at a district in the Northern Region.
The attack which occurred at Saboba on Thursday also left many others injured.
Northern Regional Minister Salifu Saeed told JoyNews the attack is linked to an ongoing chieftaincy dispute between two Konkomba rivals in the community.
JoyNews learnt the gunmen opened fire at a school in the community where the delegation was to start a meeting with one of the factions.
The deceased is said to have been attending the peace call when he was shot multiple times by the gunmen and died on the spot.
Reports further indicate that his body has been deposited at a morgue in Yendi.
The dispute was sparked in the community some five years ago when members of the community rejected a chief selected by the Yaa Naa.
The Northern Region Minister, however, has urged calm among residents in the community as he says security has been heaved up.
Related to this story
- Man kills daughter, 16, after finding out she’s not his biological child
- Police conclude investigations into murder of final year student of Oppong Memorial SHS
- Threaten the employer not the worker – GNAT tells CAGD
- Suame-Anomangye murder suspect arrested
- Man murdered at Suame-Anomangye in Kumasi
- Man jailed for killing wife with cobra
- Ongoing SIM card re-registration will be the last of its kind – NCA assures Ghanaians
- Man kills friend he saw dating fiancée in a dream, 2 others at Kwabre Wawase
- Bio-Chemist murder suspect dies in cells
- Man allegedly kills wife and commits suicide in Western region
- ‘I never promised to build a harbour in Cape Coast’ – Akufo-Addo
- Fact-check: Did the NPP promise to build a harbour in Cape Coast?
- Visa refusal for MPs supporting anti-LGBTQ+ Bill should prompt them to develop the country – Adusei Poku
- You are responsible for what you do with your feelings – Apostolic President tells LGBT community
- ‘God says we should sing a new song’ not plagiarise – Cindy Thompson to take legal actions against offenders
- NDC must pass Vote of No Confidence on Mahama – Atta Akyea on 1 million secret ballots claim
- NDC Caucus begin audit of MPs refused visa to establish whether it is linked to anti-LGBTQ+
- I lied because people were associating me with politics – Cindy Thompson on ‘Awurade Kasa’
- Funny Face threatens to kill his baby mama and commit suicide
- Cape Coast Metropolitan assembly members blame EC for chaotic MCE confirmation
‘You lied to Ghanaians about fuels prices’ – NDC tells Akufo-Addo
Livestream: PM Express discusses Komenda Sugar factory and the role of politics
Women are more susceptible to mental illness due to biological makeup – Psychiatrist
Consider our students when posting teachers – Principal of Jackson College urges government
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’
Personnel of K-9 unit of Ghana Police Service deployed across Accra
Barber jailed for abduction and defilement
Akufo-Addo commissions engineering workshop at Cape Coast Technical University
Develop daily routines for your children – counsellor
NBA Vaccination Saga: Is Kyrie Irving being selfish?
Milovan Rajevac reveals desire to give opportunity to home-based players
Huawei partners with Communications Ministry to train 20,000 SHS students in Cybersecurity
Fatawu Issahaku earned his place with performances in the U-20 team – Milovan Rajevac
Vodafone’s Ashiokai Akrong is ‘HR Practitioner of the Year’, Newmont Ghana crowned ‘Best Organisation in HR Practice’
The old generation was very strong though this generation has some talent – Milovan Rajevac