Audio By Carbonatix
The Nigerian authorities have declared 90 travellers who recently arrived from Brazil, India and Turkey as "health hazards" after they failed to observe health protocols meant to prevent the spread of coronavirus.
They are wanted after failing to present themselves for Covid-19 tests and evaluation upon arrival, according to the presidential steering committee on Covid-19.
The group includes 63 Nigerians and 27 foreigners who arrived between 8 May and 15 May. They arrived through the Murtala Muhammed International Airport in Lagos and Nnamdi Azikiwe International Airport in Abuja.
In a statement, the committee said the offenders face possible sanctions, including disabling of their travel passports for one year; cancellation of visas or permits of foreigners and prosecution.
It said they pose considerable danger to public health for evading the mandatory seven-day quarantine for persons arriving from restricted countries.
The travellers have been asked to present themselves to any public health office by Tuesday for immediate evaluation.
Earlier this month, the committee issued an advisory for passengers arriving from the three countries.
Latest Stories
-
Christopher Bonsu Baah win Staff Player of the Year award in debut season with Al Qadsiah
57 minutes -
Laryea Kingston’s Uganda beat Ghana 8-7 on penalties to secure U-17 World Cup spot and extend Black Starlets’ absence to nine years
1 hour -
FIFA U17 World Cup playoffs: Uganda beat Black Starlets on penalties to qualify
1 hour -
2026 U17 WWCQ: Goalfest in Accra as Black Maidens hit Liberia for six
1 hour -
AyaSol initiative launched to support youth-led solar businesses in Ghana
2 hours -
Photos: e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soirée on AI-driven cyber threats
2 hours -
World Corporate Golf Challenge Ghana officially launches 2026 season
2 hours -
Prof Gyampo Writes: Democracy, free speech and the survival of the Ghanaian polity
3 hours -
Nestlé Ghana, ECOM Ghana hand over 6-unit classroom block to Adarkwa Methodist Primary School
3 hours -
e-Crime Bureau hosts inaugural Founder’s Opera Soiree on AI-era leadership and cyber threats
3 hours -
Mahama rejects ‘kenkey and waakye party’ celebration after IMF exit, says economy still work in progress
3 hours -
David Hundeyin to release documentary on Tanzania election violence coverage
4 hours -
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
4 hours -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
4 hours -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
5 hours