The Noguchi Memorial Institute for Medical Research (MIMR) has begun investigations into the alleged falsification of Covid-19 test results at the Institute.
This follows reports on social media alleging breaches of the Covid-19 testing protocols.
The Institute in a statement issued by the Director of NMIMR, Professor Abraham Kwabena Anang, assured that the allegation was being treated with “grave seriousness”.
“The University has decided that a press release should be put on hold and investigations conducted over the weekend and a report presented to the University for Senior Management meeting on Monday morning 18th January 2021,” it said.
The statement said aside from the Institute’s internal investigations, external investigations would be conducted by National Security, which was in discussion with the Coordinator of the National Network of Covid-19 testing Laboratories.
The Noguchi investigation team include Prof. Collins Ahorlu, Dr. Michael Ofori, Dr. Mary Coleman, Dr. Charles Quaye, and Dr. Ivy Asantewa Asante, the statement said.
Its task, the statement said included; to confirm the validity of the displayed positive Covid-19 test, to verify if there is any negative Covid-19 test result for the same person and interrogate staff who were on duty for any relevant information.
The rest are; to evaluate the existing Covid-19 testing system from sample taking to the release of results, identify any other Covid-19 related issues, and present report to the Director by 0800 hours.
“To facilitate this process, all Virology staff and other staff on the Covid-19 testing teams are to report to the Institute by 0830 hours on Sunday, January 17th, 2021.
“Meanwhile, the investigative team may call any staff to hold interactions physically or virtually at any time,” it said.
- Request for Chief Justice to be suspended premature – Presidency
- #FixTheCountry protestors hit the streets of Accra
- “No due diligence or value for money”- How some MPs kicked against Saglemi Housing project in 2012
- Hushpuppi paid Deputy Police Commissioner over $20k to detain his ‘co-conspirator’ Chibuzo – FBI alleges
- Playback: #FixTheCountry demo comes off today
- ‘How can people lie like this?’ – E. T. Mensah on NDC’s Saglemi Housing project defence
- Akorfa Edjeani on how a role affected a home
- 256 more people killed in road crashes in July alone
- Techiman South election dispute: Wenchi Court refuses EC’s stay of proceedings, fines Commission ¢4k
- GMA gives government October 1 deadline to resolve concerns or risk industrial action
PNC to commemorate former President Hilla Limann’s achievements
300,000 residents in 5 regions benefit from WASH programme
Ghana Premier League: Great Olympics finishing 6th place disappointing – Annor Walker
Fenty’s Fortune: Rihanna is now officially a billionaire – Forbes
UENR appeals for government assistance to build a Multipurpose STEM Centre
Founders’ Day: We must work to free ourselves from colonial power that binds us – Akufo-Addo
GIPC launches ‘Spark Up’ to account for disbursement of investments
Police suspect foul play in the death of man who killed wife in front of children
Eastern Regional Hospital produces Covid-19 test results within 4 hours
National Pensions Regulatory Authority guarantees safety of pension funds
Akuapem Gold Agro Processing Company builds huge raw material base to secure business sustainability
Dormaa East MP charges Covid-19 task force to arrest, prosecute persons flouting safety protocols
Madina Job Center begins 2nd Phase of Youth in Fashion Design Programme
10 more deaths recorded in Ghana’s Covid-19 fight
Volta, Bono, Bono East regions emerge as Covid-19 hotspots