The presidential candidate of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), John Mahama says Ghana under the NPP administration has experienced the greatest political fraud.
Speaking during a campaign tour of the North East Region, he accused the ruling New Patriotic Party (NPP) of presenting the NDC as “demons” during their 2016 campaign and then proceeding to turn Ghana into what he describes as a “hell-hole” with no signs of economic prosperity.
“A recent opinion poll that was done says that 60 percent of Ghanaians say that their lives are worse today than they were in 2016. And obviously, it will be because this is the greatest political sakawa that has ever happened in the history of Ghana.
“What happened to all the promises,” he quizzed.
Mr. Mahama, therefore, urged the electorates of these communities to vote massively in favour of the NDC in the upcoming Presidential and Parliamentary elections.
The former President and his campaign team were on a visit to some hard-to-reach areas to wrap up their tour of the Region on November 25 and 26.
During the three-day tour, he paid courtesy calls on the chiefs and people of Gambibgo and Sherigu in the Bolgatanga East and Central Constituencies, as well as the Paramount Chief of the Bawku Traditional Area, Zug-raan Naba Asigri Abugrago Azoka II.
The team is currently headed towards the Northern Region where hundreds of residents are reported to be awaiting their arrival at the Tamale Airport junction.
- Emotional Stephen Appiah tears up talking about son Rodney
- Sam George: Lack of bed and ambulance led to death of a 12-year-old
- Chinese busted for mining at River Pra by military task force
- Abdul Malik Kweku Baako: The delayed disclosure of physical torture on Caleb Kudah
- Freedom of the press does not translate into safety of journalists – Prof. Gadzekpo tells media owners
- Playback: Newsfile discusses alleged assault on Citi FM journalists, Otumfuo joins ‘galamsey’ fight
- Israel strike in Gaza destroys building with AP, other media
- US to deepen bilateral relationship with Ghana as United Airlines recommences flights to KIA
- GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 25
- We have $200m for you to borrow – ECOWAS Bank to governments, businesses
UK troops seize IS weapons in Mali operation
Man loses lower lip during fight with friend over ¢18
Bantama SDA Primary Headmaster shot dead by suspected armed robbers
Israeli PM vows to push on ‘forcefully’ with offensive as airstrikes hit home of Hamas chief
Agbodza cuts sod for ¢1m 8-unit classroom block for Adaklu Senior High School
Livestream: ICGC Sunday service with Mensa Otabil
No alternative to vaccine passports, says Dubai airport boss
Stephen Appiah tells full story of how his son, Rodney joined Olympics
Hong Kong’s Ray Cordeiro, ‘world’s most durable DJ’, retires at 96
I hate to see talent waste away – Kofi Kinaata opens up on investing in football
Andy Murray chooses to miss French Open
Spotify founder Daniel Ek says Arsenal bid has been rejected
Italian Open: Rafael Nadal to play Novak Djokovic in Rome final
GPL: WAFA deepen Legon Cities’ relegation woes
Leicester win FA Cup for the first time after last-gap Chelsea equaliser ruled out