Audio By Carbonatix
The Old Vandals Association has given the Management of the University of Ghana. Legon, a one-week ultimatum to rescind its decision to eject continuing students from the Commonwealth and Mensah Sarbah halls.
According to them, should the school's management fail to rescind the decision, they would explore alternative means to force the hand of the university council.
The Old Vandals Association invaded campus this morning to show their solidarity to current students affected by management's decision.

According to the decision, all continuing students of the Commonwealth Hall, an all-male hall of residence, and continuing male students of Mensah Sarbah Hall will not return to their halls nor to any of the traditional halls.
“They are to be randomly assigned to available rooms in any of the UGEL and private hostels,” a communique on December 14, said.
Aggrieved students say this is the latest attempt by the school’s management to weaken student activism on campus while creating a rift between freshers and the continuing students.

They have also asked the management to release their report on the investigation conducted on the clash between the two male halls last year.
Responding to the Old Vandals, the Vice Chancellor of the university, Prof. Gordon Awandare, called the bluff of the association.
"I'm not sure in which world that former Vandals want to run a university. The University is run by the University council. Former vandals are not part of the running of the university.
"We don’t owe them any report. This is not how to ask for documents from the university. To incite students to demonstrate. Please, they should do better than that," he said.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to bid farewell to Aps Kwadwo Safo as funeral rites set for July 30
40 minutes -
Video: Moment Arsenal squad found out they were Premier League 2025/26 champions
43 minutes -
GSA shuts down 5A Homes for allegedly producing substandard mattresses
1 hour -
Heads of SHSs cite Buffer Stock Company over missing cost details of food supplies
1 hour -
Gov’t breached oil fund law for 5 years, kept $100m cap instead of $584m – PIAC report
1 hour -
Buffer Stock Company says SHS food prices are agreed by stakeholders, denies lack of transparency
1 hour -
Future Athletics stars ready to shine at UG Invitational meet
1 hour -
Asantewaa Empowerment Initiative launches campaign against drug abuse and teenage pregnancy in Juaben
1 hour -
PAC orders Anlo-Afiadanyigba SHS to pay GH₵10k arrears to casual workers
2 hours -
Rockefeller Foundation awards over US$350m, reaching 731 million people amid global aid decline
2 hours -
Women bear the heaviest burden after climate disasters – GreenFaith Africa
2 hours -
APN calls for urgent mobile money interoperability across Africa
2 hours -
Portugal’s Ronaldo set for record sixth World Cup
2 hours -
Cedi depreciates by 8.4% against dollar in interbank market
2 hours -
Arsenal are 2025/26 EPL champions after Man City draw at Bournemouth
2 hours