Omnibsic Bank has received support from government to enable it to reach the Bank of Ghana (BoG)’s minimum capital requirement of ¢400 million.
The bank received ¢130 million capital funding from the Ghana Amalgamated Trust Limited (GAT).
This is part of government’s support to solvent and well-run indigenous banks, which were otherwise having difficulties meeting the new minimum capital requirement deadline, to meet their obligations.
Management of Omnibsic Bank in a statement said the GAT funding will help them complete the final step in meeting the minimum capital requirement introduced by the Central Bank.
“This comes as good news for the bank and its customers and further underscores the confidence that the Bank of Ghana has in OmniBSIC bank” the statement said.
Meanwhile, in wake of the increasing number of COVID -19 cases in Ghana; the bank has intensified safety measures to ensure the protection of the health of its employees, customers and general public while it continues to provide great and innovative financial services during this period.
“Logistical support to help protect staff and customers have also been provided by the Bank to front line staff in the execution of their duties. These include gloves, hand sanitizers, rubbing alcohol, face masks, and temperature guns for all branches. To help customers maintain hand hygiene, the Bank has installed hand sanitizers at all its ATM outlets” the statement added.
- WAEC explains BECE grading system
- Officials of China Mall, Shoprite, Palace Mall picked up for tax violations
- 3 grabbed for pulling down storey building at Cantonments
- Cost of fuel: Ghanaians must pay fair market prices – PUMA Energy President
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Pay Toure over ¢100k within 45 days or face transfer ban – FIFA orders Medeama
- South Africa calls on MTN, Ghana to resolve $773m tax dispute
- Don’t stop attending church because of my broken marriage – Osofo Kyiri Abosom tells congregation
- There is no coming back from this – Husband of Yellow Sisi Waakye seller
- Exposé on school placement: Education Minister and I should take full responsibility – Prof. Opoku Amankwah
- I just wanted to whisper in Efya’s ear – S3FA explains viral kissing video
- Government must reprioritise its educational needs – Ablakwa
- My next girlfriend will enjoy a more sophisticated me – Kwabena Kwabena
- Northern Development Authority CEO, 3 others plead not guilty to corruption charges, granted bail
- Consumption and expected cost for new tariff to be catalogued in Reckoner – ECG
- Danger looms as school children around Tapa Abotoase risk their lives for education
- Korle Bu Hospital doctors threaten strike over unpaid arrears
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Former UGSRC Veep vows to defeat John Dumelo in Ayawaso West NDC primaries
- 3 teacher unions call on GES to halt emergency transfers
- Bond market turnover falls by 54% to ¢954.15m
- Michael Jackson’s nephew to play singer in new biopic
- Fanmilk PLC rewards 74 trade partners in ‘Bronya Akyede Kese’ promo
- ‘You can’t transform basic education if you keep cutting budget for the sector’
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks