The opposition National Democratic Congress says it will build an official police station in every community with up to 500 residents should it return to power in 2021.
The Party’s General Secretary, Johnson Asiedu-Nketia made this revelation when he paid a working visit to Akontombra, Suaman, Bodi and Bibiani Anhwiaso Bekwai constituencies in the Western North Region.
According to Mr Nketia, as part of the NDC’s aim to clamp down on robbery cases and restore security in the country, a total of 35, 000 police personnel will be recruited when the initiative is implemented.
He also noted that rural areas will be equally considered when the initiative is being rolled out.
Mr Nketia added that residents of such areas are mostly marginalized in major developmental projects.
Taking a jibe at the governing New Patriotic Party, Mr Nketia said the Akufo-Addo government has done very little to bring safety into the country.
He added that the NPP government feels reluctant to adequately equip police officers with the required logistics to operate.
- Special Prosecutor secures court order to arrest Charles Bissue
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Saglemi: Former Housing Ministry Chief Director wheeled to court to face 43 criminal charges
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Ken Ansah wins CEO of the Year again but transfers praise to his talented team
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- OSP’s invite should extend to current IMCIM members – Dr Ken Ashigbey
- I wish Ghana could be like Germany – Prof Frimpong-Boateng on Green Ghana project
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Adane Best, Epoxide, others for Ghana Day Festival in Switzerland
- Namibia bans export of unprocessed critical minerals
- Green Ghana Day: Continue nurturing trees for them to reach maturity – Lands Minister urges
- ‘Spiritualist’ on trial for allegedly defrauding client of GHȼ85,000
- Man arrested after attacking pastor in church over ‘fake prophecy’
- BET Awards 2023 nominations announced; Drake takes the lead with 7 nods
- Ghana may find it difficult to get debt relief of $10.5bn – Theo Acheampong
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- External debt suspension helped current account balance into surplus
- Camidoh releases ‘LITA’ mixtape
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- 32 Ghanaians selected for 2023 Mandela Washington Fellowship