Audio By Carbonatix
Officials of the Office of the Special Prosecutor on Monday, July 24, invaded the homes of the embattled former Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources, Cecilia Abena Dapaah.
The action is in relation to the US$1 million, €300,000 and millions of Ghana cedis allegedly stolen from her home between July and October 2022 by her house helps.
She was earlier in the day picked for questioning over suspected corruption and placed under arrest for several hours.
Although the stealing is reported to have taken place at her Abelemkpe residence in Accra, a further search is also taking place at one of her homes in Ablekuma.

The OSP in a statement said, “At 11:55 GMT on 24 July 2023, Cecilia Abena Dapaah, who resigned from the position of Minister of Sanitation and Water Resources on 22 July 2023, was placed under arrest by the Office of the Special Prosecutor (OSP) in respect of suspected corruption and corruption-related offences regarding large amounts of money and other valuable items reportedly stolen from her residence.”
“Ms. Dapaah is being questioned by authorised Officers of the OSP.”
Media reports emerged on Friday of two housemaids who worked for the Sanitation Minister and her husband at their home, facing trial with others for the theft of huge sums of money and other items from the home.
According to the charge sheet, the pair, 18-year-old Patience Botwe and 30-year-old Sarah Agyei have allegedly stolen US$1 million, €300,000 and millions of Ghana cedis between July and October 2022.
Clothes, handbags, perfumes, jewellery, kente cloth and suits belonging to Mrs. Dapaah’s husband said to be worth thousands of dollars, are alleged to have been taken.
Following the publications, Cecilia Dapaah has become the subject of critical opprobrium.
Surprisingly, she has questioned the amounts alleged to have been stolen, saying there are “noticeable inconsistencies” in the discussions of what she reported to the police.
Due to the controversy surrounding the “stolen” cash, Madam Cecilia Dapaah resigned from her position as Sanitation Minister on Saturday, July 2022.
Latest Stories
-
Ghana to bid farewell to Aps Kwadwo Safo as funeral rites set for July 30
2 hours -
Video: Moment Arsenal squad found out they were Premier League 2025/26 champions
2 hours -
GSA shuts down 5A Homes for allegedly producing substandard mattresses
2 hours -
Heads of SHSs cite Buffer Stock Company over missing cost details of food supplies
2 hours -
Gov’t breached oil fund law for 5 years, kept $100m cap instead of $584m – PIAC report
2 hours -
Buffer Stock Company says SHS food prices are agreed by stakeholders, denies lack of transparency
2 hours -
Future Athletics stars ready to shine at UG Invitational meet
2 hours -
Asantewaa Empowerment Initiative launches campaign against drug abuse and teenage pregnancy in Juaben
2 hours -
PAC orders Anlo-Afiadanyigba SHS to pay GH₵10k arrears to casual workers
3 hours -
Rockefeller Foundation awards over US$350m, reaching 731 million people amid global aid decline
3 hours -
Women bear the heaviest burden after climate disasters – GreenFaith Africa
3 hours -
APN calls for urgent mobile money interoperability across Africa
3 hours -
Portugal’s Ronaldo set for record sixth World Cup
3 hours -
Cedi depreciates by 8.4% against dollar in interbank market
3 hours -
Arsenal are 2025/26 EPL champions after Man City draw at Bournemouth
3 hours