Audio By Carbonatix
The Minister of Education, Haruna Iddrisu, has stated that the Mahama-led administration has adequately addressed Ghanaians’ questions regarding the social intervention programs implemented by the government.
Briefing the media on Wednesday, November 19, Mr. Iddrisu said the government has rolled out multiple social interventions and has addressed criticisms from those he described as “naysayers.”
“I still recall that before 2025, one of the most nagging questions the media asked the NDC and President Mahama was: show us one social intervention policy of your government. We have sufficiently and adequately answered the Ghanaian public,” he said.
He highlighted three key programmes, including the Mahama Cares, the No Fee Stress initiative, and free education for persons with disability.
“Therefore, our critics, you are now naysayers, because we have answered you and answered you adequately,” he added.
The Minister also cited the No Academic Fee policy for all first-year students as part of President Mahama’s broader ‘Reset Agenda’.
He said the initiative has been funded with GH¢537.4 million, representing 7.6 per cent of the 2025 education budget, relieving financial burdens on students and parents.
"That takes a burden off parents and students, and for President Mahama and the Ministry of Education, no child should be left behind because the person is financially disadvantaged," he said.
Mr. Iddrisu further noted that the government has expanded the remit of the Student Loan Trust Fund, saying that students at the Ghana School of Law, who previously did not benefit from it, can now benefit.
"So in total, 4.2 billion has been dedicated to sustaining and improving the free Senior High School and free TVET program.
"This investment will ensure that every Ghanaian child, regardless of background, has access to secondary education,” the Education Minister added.
Latest Stories
-
Daily Insight for CEOs: Leading with Consistency and Credibility
2 minutes -
An injury to one is an injury to all – TUC Chairman slams COCOBOD pay cuts
9 minutes -
A Modern Blueprint to end Ghana’s “No Bed Syndrome”: A Systems Approach for a new era of emergency care
18 minutes -
US Supreme Court rules that Trump’s sweeping emergency tariffs are illegal
27 minutes -
Symphonic Music releases ‘King of Kings’ EP
29 minutes -
Developing Ghana’s steel base will power infrastructure and jobs – Mahama
39 minutes -
Trump directs US government to prepare release of files on aliens and UFOs
43 minutes -
Apam-Mankessim Highway blocked after fuel tanker accident
44 minutes -
24-Hour Economy, a major boost for private sector—GUTA President
49 minutes -
Ghana’s housing challenge: A Historical, structural, and policy perspective
55 minutes -
GIPC CEO calls for strategic investment in coconut value chain
1 hour -
Pink Ladies Cup: Three home-based players named in Black Queens squad
1 hour -
GES and NIA step up plans for nationwide registration of children
1 hour -
Heavy politicisation of cocoa industry has affected sector – Professor Peprah
1 hour -
PBC MD appeals to COCOBOD to end cocoa payment delays
1 hour
