Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), James Klutse Avedzi is upset over the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu’s continuous disregard for the Committee.
According to the Chairman, the Health Minister has refused to appear before them in spite of the Committee’s invitation to him.
“This Committee started work from 2021 to this year, he [Health Minister] appeared before this Committee only once. He was the former Chairman of this Committee, he was the one who had been inviting people and when people don’t come, he did not take it lightly. Now he, himself is doing exactly what he was against,” he said.
His comment comes after the Public Accounts Committee considering the 2018 Auditors Report, invited the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu to answer queries and some infractions under the Health Ministry but he failed to show up.
Mr. Avedzi said the conduct of the Health Minister will be tabled before the House for sanctions over his disrespect for the Committee.
“We have a Ministry who has a Minister and two deputies and none of them will appear before the Committee. You have spent public money, come and account for it. Your name appeared in the report of the Auditor-General which means that there is something wrong, so come and tell us how you would resolve the issue,” he added.
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift