Chairman of the Public Accounts Committee (PAC), James Klutse Avedzi is upset over the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu’s continuous disregard for the Committee.
According to the Chairman, the Health Minister has refused to appear before them in spite of the Committee’s invitation to him.
“This Committee started work from 2021 to this year, he [Health Minister] appeared before this Committee only once. He was the former Chairman of this Committee, he was the one who had been inviting people and when people don’t come, he did not take it lightly. Now he, himself is doing exactly what he was against,” he said.
His comment comes after the Public Accounts Committee considering the 2018 Auditors Report, invited the Health Minister, Kwaku Agyeman-Manu to answer queries and some infractions under the Health Ministry but he failed to show up.
Mr. Avedzi said the conduct of the Health Minister will be tabled before the House for sanctions over his disrespect for the Committee.
“We have a Ministry who has a Minister and two deputies and none of them will appear before the Committee. You have spent public money, come and account for it. Your name appeared in the report of the Auditor-General which means that there is something wrong, so come and tell us how you would resolve the issue,” he added.
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP