Carrying forward his own legacy of awe-inspiring DJ events, the legendary Ghanaian record producer and DJ, Merqury Quaye delivered yet another sumptuous historic event, Ghana’s first DJ concert dubbed Merqury Quaye Live, at the Laboma Beach, Accra on March 5.
Having graced the onset of 2023 from the same venue on New Year’s day, Merqury Quaye is going through one of the best stints of his career lately and doesn’t plan on slowing down anytime soon.
Following the announcement of his first headlined show, Merqury Quaye Live, the streets of Accra got engulfed with billboards, floats and median signs, whipping up excitement towards Ghana’s first DJ concert held on March 5.
Featuring a perfect blend of evergreen dance-pop classics and rave sounds, Merqury Quaye served attendees with a fair taste of progressive house and techno, making his set an ideal option for lovers of all genres.
Having made critical contributions towards the evolution of the DJ industry over the years, through the creation of the Ghana DJ Awards and DJ Clinic, the artist and programmer has dominated the space for more than a decade.
But his excitement and energy levels during all of his live acts are as fresh as new, and his performance at the Laboma Beach resort was even much more energetic.
“Working on this concert has allowed me to bring an amazing new creation to life with design and production to suit the desire of thousands of music lovers,” Merqury Quaye said.
“We’ve built something that will play host to one of the most unique shows I’ve ever done and I’m grateful for the thousands of fans who attended my first headlined concert.”
“This is to show my fellow DJs that they are in a position to headline shows and have thousands of music fans attend as my concert registered,” he added.
Merqury Quaye Live Concert opened with a reggae set by Asaase Radio DJ, King Lagazee who delivered a fantastic Reggae as the audience sang along, followed by DJ Raennie who took the event to another level with back-to-back hip hop tunes.
DJ Legend took over with Ghanaian classics from Praye, Castro, R2Bees and Samini, followed by DJ Phantom, DJ Azonto and DJ Toyor.
It was a spectacle when Merqury Quaye took to the stage amidst fireworks, with Mavado’s ‘On the rock’ blazing from the loudspeakers.
From Rihanna’s ‘we found love’ to Shakira’s ‘this time for Africa’, Merqury delivered a plausible performance which got the audience asking for more before he called two ladies from the crowd to come upstage to give a shot at DJing on the turntables.
Merqury thanked the fans for attending the historical concert and got the national anthem of Ghana played to celebrate its independence of Ghana.
- Mobile Money transactions in only 2 months of 2023 hit ¢264.1bn
- We would all have sworn to Antoa if my dad was alive – Zanetor Rawlings
- I don’t know – Akufo-Addo on presence or otherwise of Al-Qaeda troops in Ghana
- Kamala Harris urges Ghana’s creditors to help meet debt obligation amid IMF talks
- Speculation that NDC imposed its decision on Minority Caucus is untrue – Sammy Gyamfi
- Popular American filmmaker Spike Lee is in Ghana
- T-Bills auction: sales undersubscribed by 23%; interest rates remain stable
- BoG increases policy rate to 29.5%; loans to remain expensive
- AFCON 2023Q: Osman Bukari salvages point for Black Stars against Angola
- We’re committed to helping Ghana resolve current economic crisis – China assures
- Harris’ visit should accelerate US-Ghana partnerships – Genser
- NDC’s ‘betrayal’ may have been the result of several factors – Dr. Seidu Alidu
- Taking pictures, videos of ballots was not a party directive – Murtala Mohammed
- NDC as a party did not fail Ghanaians – Kofi Adams
- There had been broad consultation, consensus to reject President’s ministerial nominees – Murtala Mohammed
- Israel Laryea is away “on loan” at Influencer Africa
- Patriotism won over partisanship – Annoh-Dompreh on approval of six ministerial nominees
- Playback: PM Express discuss NDCs betrayal
- Fight against galamsey will be won if Akufo-Addo loses power – Kwakye Ofosu
- People fail in life due to their mindset – Motivational speaker
- Become the voice of climate change reporting – Climate Change Fellows urged
- Destination Ghana Global Project announces This Is Africa Festival
- Kamala Harris features Black Sherif, Amaarae on Spotify playlist
- Kwaebibirem United FC to raise funds to support operation of the club
- 9-year-old Fotocopy makes history with two concerts in a day