The Minority in Parliament is concerned about the government’s latest move regarding the ongoing financial crisis.
The Domestic Debt Exchange programme announced by the Finance Minister, Ken Ofori-Atta will not be the panacea to the current economic woes, according to the Minority.
Minority Leader, Haruna Iddrisu insists that this development, coupled with a lack of convincing proposals does not inspire confidence in the Akufo-Addo-led administration.
Additionally, the 2023 budget, Mr Iddrisu believes, is fraught with needless taxation which does not augur well for the citizens.
The prioritization of the controversial National Cathedral in the budget statement despite the financial downturn worries the legislator.
Watch the live stream below:
- Christian Atsu: Hatayspor official says there was mistaken identity, player still not found
- Turkey Earthquakes: Christian Atsu can’t be located 24 hours after rescue – Family
- Tema Motorway is gone; apply common sense when driving – Expert tells drivers
- A-G asks Auditor-General to unpublish ‘premature’ Covid-19 Audit Report
- We’ll not allow the Judiciary to be used to intimidate Ablakwa from carrying out mandate – Minority
- Government forcing banks to coerce customers to accept DDEP – Senyo Hosi
- DDEP: We are testing Ofori-Atta’s Christianity – Individual bondholders on call for exemption
- Debt Exchange: Over GH¢31bn of bonds to be restructured will mature this year
- Hold Akufo-Addo and National Security responsible if Ablakwa is harmed – Ras Mubarak
- Let’s pray KT Hammond and Steven Amoah don’t exchange blows at Trade Ministry – Murtala Mohammed
- Akufo-Addo swears in 21 new High Court judges
- MTN ‘Save a Life Campaign’ back after a 2-year break
- Tyre Nichols: Policeman took and shared photos of injured man
- Walmart gunman who killed 23 pleads guilty to hate crimes
- Today’s front pages: Thursday, February 9, 2023
- Airports Company ordered to release Frontiers Healthcare Service Ltd contract to Joy News
- Deal with perpetrators of Bawku conflict as pure criminals – Defence Minister tells military
- I’m ever ready to be a political prisoner of conscience – Ablakwa rubbishes imprisonment threat
- KNUST researchers develop transportable-container kiosk
- Twitter outage sees users told they are over daily tweet limit
- SIGA buses CEOs and Board Chairs to annual stakeholder conference
- McDonald’s manager ‘exposed himself in front of me’
- Nigeria election 2023 in Katsina: ‘You let kidnappers take me, now you want my vote’
- Google’s Bard AI bot mistake wipes $100bn off shares
- I hold no grudge against colleagues who protested my appointment – Minority Leader