Police in Nigeria say four suspects have been arrested so far in connection with the killing of a musical sound engineer by a mob in Lagos.
The authorities say a number of other suspects are being tracked down.
The killing of David Sunday Imoh has sparked outrage with the hashtag #JusticeForDave trending on social media in Nigeria.
The exact circumstances leading to his death are still unclear.
But local media reports suggest the 38-year-old was beaten to death and his body set alight by a mob following a heated argument with a commercial motorbike rider over pay.
The violence happened in Lagos’ Lekki area last Thursday.
A police spokesperson told the BBC that a criminal investigation was underway.
This is happening at a time when Nigerians continue to react to the killing of a female student in the northern city of Sokoto after she was accused of blasphemy against Islam.
Human rights campaigners say the frequent cases of mob violence in Africa’s most populous country are fuelled by impunity and a lack of confidence in the criminal justice system.
- Jackie Appiah trends on Twitter as video of posh Trassaco mansion pops up
- Drama as Nigerian lawyer dresses as native doctor to Supreme Court
- Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
- Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
- National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
- Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
- 18 dead in mass break-in to Spanish enclave
- Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
- Empress Gifty’s grandmother passes on
- Playback: Newsfile discusses accountability surrounding National Cathedral, Covid-19 expenditure
Fire guts 10-bedroom house at Dwase-Praso
2022 MTN FA Cup final: the five key players to watch
Take steps to prevent torture during operations – CHRAJ to Security Agencies
Tonto Dikeh nominated as running mate to Rivers State governorship candidate
Make youth development in peace a priority – UN Peace Ambassador to African leaders
Social media users troll Shatta Wale over Jackie Appiah’s mansion
Scores injured in accident on Accra-Kumasi highway
National Cathedral: Board of Trustees must also be blamed for infractions – Antwi-Bosiako
Over 1000 Nigeriens repatriated – Gender Ministry
Finance Minister accounted for less than 50% of Covid-19 expenditure – Dr. Asiedu
All issues raised about National Cathedral will be addressed – Dr John Kumah
National Cathedral: Lies are being told to cause disaffection – John Kumah
Suspects held over Nigeria church massacre
Uncle Ebo’s ‘I slept with your wife’ shows today at the National Theatre
National Cathedral: Let us explore $50m cost option – Martin Kpebu