The Central Region Police Command is asking residents to assist the Ghana police service with credible information that would lead to criminals arrest.
The Region has been in the news following the murder of the head teacher of the Asepetu Anglican Basic school in his home in Cape Coast.
Regional police Commander, DCOP Habiba Twumasi Sarpong, says volunteering information about suspicious characters and criminals in society will enable the police to discharge its duties efficiently and effectively.
The police commander who has been speaking at the handing over of a police station built by the Church of Pentecost at Abrem Agona in the Central Region, encouraged residents to play a watchdog role to assist the police to work effectively.
DCOP Habiba Twumasi, while praising the Church of Pentecost for the show of support to the police service, urged residents to play their part in fighting crimes in the region.
“We are pleased to be assisted by the Church of Pentecost in building a police station for the people. We promise to use this building for the purpose for which it was built. We will urge you to assist the police service with information that would lead to the arrest of criminals,” she said.
The Church of Pentecost that built the police station indicated it remained committed to the provision of social services in the Ghanaian communities and helping the security services to discharge their duties was one of their agenda.
Cape Coast Area Head of the Church of Pentecost, Apostle Yaw, who spoke on behalf of the Chairman of the Church of Pentecost, was confident the project – building a police station for security purposes – was not going to be the last thing the church would in its drive to support social services in the Ghanaian communities.
He says the Church of Pentecost as part of its vision 2023 agenda, and part of one of its core objectives, decided to partner government to provide social services wherever it is needed.
“One of the projects we centered on is the police station and posts projects. We believe that in communities that they are non-existent, we will partner government to build provide such amenities.
“We can spread the gospel better at places where the security is good. Where there is no peace, our work as men and women of God would be affected,” he stated.
The chiefs of Abrem Agona released the land for the project while the Head of the Local Government Service who hails from the community is said to have played an instrumental role in the building of the police station.
MCE for Komenda Edina Eguafo Abirem Municipality, Nana Appiah Korang, thanked the Church of Pentecost for showing the way.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana