The Police have foiled a robbery incident that was happening in Kalba in the Sawla District of the Savannah Region.
According to the Police, two of the robbers were killed in the process of intercepting the event.
The Sawla District Police Commander, ASP De-Graft Adjei in an interview with Adom News revealed that the Service received an anonymous call around 2 am on Saturday of the robbery.
According to him, he quickly led his team to the scene, however, upon approaching, the robbers started shooting indiscriminating at the police.
This, he noted forced the security team to return the fire, thereby, killing two.
He added that two unregistered motorbikes, a knife, and some foreign gun cartridges were retrieved from the robbers.
Meanwhile, the bodies have been deposited at the Damongo mortuary for identification and further investigations.
- Rwanda suspends coach for Black Queens are “like men” comment after 7-0 demolition
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako