Audio By Carbonatix
The Ghana Police Service says its efforts to investigate the viral kidnapping allegation made by an American woman in Accra have been seriously hampered by her lack of cooperation.
In a statement issued by the Criminal Investigation Department (CID), the Police noted that although the woman, identified as Arianna Naomi Mackey, recorded a video claiming she had been kidnapped and robbed by supposed police officers, she has since left Ghana and has repeatedly refused to assist investigators.
The CID revealed that Ms Mackey and two companions checked out of their Accra hotel on December 5, 2025, and checks at the airport confirmed she departed the country the same day. When contacted by investigators, she admitted she was no longer in Ghana but said she could not provide the names of the alleged officers or even the number plate of the vehicle involved. According to the Police, “She indicated to Police that she was out of the country and she could not get the names of the alleged officers nor the number plate of the vehicle they were using.”
The situation worsened when attempts to reach her again failed. The CID stated that Ms Mackey deleted the viral video and has since ignored all follow-up efforts. “Efforts by the investigators to contact her through WhatsApp calls and messages have proved unsuccessful, as she has declined to respond and later blocked the team,” the statement added.

Her alleged companion, whom she claimed was present during the incident, has also refused to participate in the inquiry. The Police said their attempts to speak to the friend were unsuccessful because the individual “does not want to be involved in the investigation.”
Despite these setbacks, the Service says it is pursuing diplomatic channels to seek her cooperation, stressing that it takes such allegations seriously and is determined to establish the facts.
The statement was signed by Chief Inspector Brigitte Babanawo, Public Relations Officer for the CID.
Latest Stories
-
Photos: President Mahama cuts sod for 24-hour economy market in Bole
21 minutes -
Ghana-eligible midfielder Kofi Amoako joins Hamburg from Dynamo Dresden
26 minutes -
Mahama commissions Yamoransa Model Lab 13 to advance STEM and digital skills training
43 minutes -
Youth Ministry says nearly 90,000 young people are employed under government programmes
2 hours -
Adaklu Mountain now a security zone – Volta Regional Minister
2 hours -
Volta Regional Minister assures PAC of stricter supervision of government projects
2 hours -
Can Parliament enforce its own laws?
3 hours -
ECG announces major transformer upgrade at Batsonaa – see the affected areas
3 hours -
Ghanaian released after 77 days in Burkinabe detention
3 hours -
Football Noise, Economic Silence
3 hours -
Replacing Haruna and Muntaka in Parliament was strategic for Election 2024 – Asiedu Nketia, Osei Kyei-Mensah-Bonsu explain the plot
3 hours -
Security service recruitment medical results to be released next week – Interior Minister
3 hours -
Ghana’s tech prodigies set for Geneva after triumphant ‘Robotics for Good’ national qualifiers
3 hours -
World Bank document shows 27 countries seeking to ensure access to crisis funds
4 hours -
Mahama says Ghana’s IMF programme was close to derailment before he took over
4 hours