The Accra Regional Police Command on Monday, engaged in a gun-battle with four suspected armed robbers at Haatso in Accra killing one of them, arresting two, whilst one escaped.
Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP) Effia Tenge, Head of Public Affairs Unit of the Command, who made these known said the deceased, and others attempted to attack a block factory at Haatso.
She said based on operational intelligence the Police managed to thwart the plan of the armed robbers whose motive was to rob the owner of the block factory located at Haatso in the Greater Accra region.
She said based on the operational intelligence; the Regional Police command team laid ambush in the neighbourhood and succeeded foiling the attempt.
DSP Tenge added, “Today 08/02/2021 at about 1130 hours whiles the team was on the aforementioned duties, four men besieged the premises of the company under the pretext of engaging in a business transaction and insisted on seeing the Chief Executive”.
She said in the process they pulled out pistols to take the man hostage amidst sporadic shooting on the premises.
DSP Tenge said two of the suspects were arrested while one of them managed to escape amidst the firing.
The arrested suspects are Christian Anagbra aged 38; and Emmanuel Gavor aged 53.
She said upon interrogation they admitted their involvement in the attempted robbery and mentioned the one at large as Isaac alias “my brother”.
In a related development the Police said the same suspects are believed to be the people who attacked a GOIL Filing Station and murdered a security man in the process on February 07, 2021.
Meanwhile, the Police did retrieve a Millennium pistol with five rounds of ammunition from the suspects.
The two suspects are in custody while the body of the deceased robber whose name is unknown has been deposited at the Police Hospital Morgue for preservation.
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Barker-Vormawor alleges
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Mothers’ Day message from First Lady, Rebecca Akufo-Addo
GAF appeals for support for 37 Military Hospital
#FixTheCountry convener’s claim of phone cloning false and baseless – Oppong Nkrumah
#FixTheCountry: Bang your utensils, toot your horns on Sunday – Conveners announce format for virtual protest
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison
Gunmen kill seven police officers in Nigeria
China rocket debris ‘disintegrates over Indian Ocean’
Playback: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez v Billy Joe Saunders: Mexican wins with eighth-round stoppage
Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Ghana recorded 10,684 newborn jaundice cases in 2020