The four police officers on trial in Accra for their alleged involvement in bullion van robberies are expected to reappear before the court on Monday.
The suspects were arrested following an intelligence-led operation at their hideout at a place near Ashaiman in March.
Following their arrest, they have been denied bail three times.
At their last court hearing, counsel for the suspects prayed the court to grant the accused bail explaining that they were police officers known by the service and cannot abscond.
However, the prosecutor, Sylvester Asare, vehemently opposed the plea and asked for the accused to be remanded.
Giving her ruling on the bail application, Justice Patricia Amponsah said the counsel for the accused didn’t have enough reasons for the suspects to be granted bail.
The four suspects were thus remanded into police custody and will reappear later today, Monday.
On March 8, the police announced the arrest of the four police officers, alongside one civilian suspect, over bullion van attacks.
The bullion van attacks being investigated occurred at Kingsway, Baatsona, Jamestown, and North Kaneshie Industrial Area last year.
- Tear gas fired at Arise Ghana demo
- Social media users jubilate over E-levy flop
- 28 years of teaching but living on loans – Life of a teacher
- Arise Ghana Demo: Police arrest 3 protesters
- Photos and videos from Arise Ghana Demo
- Health Minister submits over 10 documents against Ato Forson in ambulance case
- Arise Ghana Demo: ‘Step down if you can’t rule Ghana anymore’ – Protesters tell Akufo-Addo
- Prices of petrol, LPG to fall 8%, 7%, but diesel to go up
- Treat demonstrators with respect, dignity – IGP to officers deployed to Arise Ghana demo
- Arise Ghana conveners shirking responsibility for their role in police-protesters clash – Deputy Information Minister
Flashback: André Ayew crowned 2021 Ghana Footballer of the Year
Ghana is experiencing 5th wave of Covid-19 – KCCR virologist
Mass corruption trial of Angola army officers starts
Germany to return stolen sacred statue to Cameroon
Arise Ghana Demo: Police took my phones – NDC Dep. National Youth Organiser
Man sentenced to death for murdering Egyptian student
Ghanaian soldier awarded ‘Distinguised Graduate’ at Washington DC’s College of International Security Affairs
New gold refinery to take off in August 2021
Financial sector fraud: staff of banks, SDIs constitute 53% of culprits – BoG
There is obvious attempt to create instability in the country – Oppong Nkrumah
Arise Ghana protest: 29 demonstrators arrested, organisers to be picked up
Johnny Depp’s rep shuts down talk of ‘Pirates’ return
Lands Ministry presents 95 licenses to GNASSM
Number of fraud cases in banking industry reduce to 12%, but loss value surges- BoG
Prices of petrol, LPG to fall 8%, 7%, but diesel to go up