Police are on a manhunt for three others whom they said together with the Accra FM broadcaster, Kwabena Bobie Ansah published false news on his ‘Citizen Show’ on January 11, this year.
The Police Service made the announcement in a press statement on Friday, February 11, signed by the Head of Public Affairs in the Ashanti Region, Dept. Supt. Juliana Obeng.
According to the Police, the suspects were invited to the police station to assist with investigation into the case of false statements against some individuals but they declined the invite on several occasions.
The presenter, Bobie Ansah was arrested on Thursday night at 10 pm right after his political talk show ended by persons purported to be National Security operatives.
He was then taken to Nima Police station. Joy News’ checks revealed that he was later moved to the Police Headquarters in Accra.
On Friday, Mr. Ansah’s supporters gathered to the Striking Force section of the Greater Accra Regional Police Command in Accra Central, where he had been detained.
Meanwhile, the Accra FM journalist, Kwabena Bobie Ansah, who was arrested on February 10, for publishing false news will be arraigned today.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: 5 die after eating waakye
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- Ghanaian students on government scholarship stranded in UK over delayed stipend
- Court orders for pregnancy test of woman convicted in ¢50k theft before sentence
- 4 persons injured in ghastly accident on Accra-Kumasi Highway
- Full Report: Technical Committee on exclusion of individual bondholders from Debt Exchange Programme
- Classroom Mothers: Schoolgirl donating blood discovers she’s 3 months pregnant
- Individual bondholders petition Togbe Afede over Domestic Debt Exchange Programme
- Ghana’s reserves ended 2022 at 2.7 months of import cover; but trade surplus hits $2.75bn
- IMF presses Ghana to stop borrowing from its central bank
- Cedi depreciated by 19.1% to dollar in January 2023 – BoG
- A Google employee of 11 years and his wife shell-shocked over retrenchment
- Ghana’s public debt stood at ¢575.7bn in November 2022 – BoG
- There is a need for proper accountability of climate change funds – Dr Segtub
- Playback: Joy Prime’s BMPS Show: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- What if Muntaka is appointed party’s campaign manager – NDC Executive Member on Minority leadership shake-up
- #SomethingWickedAwards live on Hitz FM
- Climate change funds should be used more for adaptation and mitigation efforts – Penplusbytes
- 1 suspect arrested in Krofrom gang attack
- Only 1 person died from suspected food poisoning at Oyibi – FDA
- UMB launches 2 new life insurance products with SIC Life
- Gang burns down six-bedroom house in reprisal attack at Krofrom
- 7 shot dead at Jerusalem synagogue