Three accused persons standing trial for gold scam and robbery were on December 5, 2022 remanded into Police custody by an Accra Circuit court.
The accused, George Essandor Akron, owner of SSL Gold refinery, Kelvin Prince Boakye alias Don King and Joy Kwame Genu alias George ABC were arraigned at the Accra Circuit Court 10 on charges of conspiracy to commit crime, robbery and possession of a firearm without lawful authority, among others.
The first accused person, Kelvin Prince Boakye, was arrested on November 18, 2022 following Police investigation into a gold scam and robbery incident in Accra on November 8, 2022.
Further investigation into the incident led to the arrest of accused persons, Joy Kwame Genu and George Essandor Akron, on November 29, 2022, and December 2, 2022, respectively.
Items retrieved from the suspects include One (1) unlicensed Bruni pistol with three (3) live 9mm ammunition, two (2) bulletproof vests, one (1) ballistic helmet, two stunt guns among others.
Accused, Kelvin Prince Boakye was put before the Accra Circuit Court 10 on November 24, 2022 and was remanded into Police custody to reappear on December 13, 2022.
The other two accused persons, Joy Kwame Genu and George Essandor Akron, were arraigned at the Accra Circuit Court 10 on December 5, 2022, and were also remanded into Police custody to reappear on December 20, 2022.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- Debt Exchange Programme: Jubilee House, EMT against inclusion of individual bondholders – Bright Simons
- Man butchered by unknown assailants at Krofrom in Ashanti Region
- DDE could be a positive turning point for Ghana – Alhassan Andani
- Joy Prime’s BMPS Show returns: Is flirting disrespectful to your partner?
- Debt Exchange: Ghana Insurers Association urges policyholders to remain calm
- Patience Ozokwor explains why she didn’t remarry after husband’s death
- KNUST findings cite reduction in green areas for increased flooding in Kumasi
- Develop a positive attitude – Apostle Nyamekye advises Ghanaians
- The Spanish town powered by waves
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday, January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder