The Suntreso Police in the Ashanti Region have stepped up investigations into the killing of a student of the Oyoko School of Dispensing Optics by unknown gunmen at Sofoline in Kumasi on July 19, 2022.
Kwabena Asumadu, 23, was shot multiple times in the neck and head through the driver’s window of his unregistered Mercedes Benz car.
His lifeless body was found at the crime scene moments after the attack by the Suntreso Police at about 11:50pm.
But the assailants had fled the scene.
Police sources say the Level 100 student was allegedly returning from his native Offinso town after dropping off a female friend when he was attacked.
Information on what led to the murder remains scanty.
The Police have been following up on positive leads that could lead to the arrest of the suspected killers.
The investigations appear to have been boosted by CCTV footage accessible to the Police Intelligence Unit.
The sources say the footage could prove decisive in the pursuit of the criminals suspected to have used pump action assault rifle in their operations.
The body of the deceased has since been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital’s morgue pending autopsy.
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Appointment Committee recommends approval of 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- Sacked against medical advice, workplace abuse and stigma – An HIV ambassador’s story
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- We will no longer be paying 50 pesewas and ¢1 as road toll next year – Roads Minister
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Debt Exchange: Government has not shown that the country is in crisis – Dr. Serebour
- COVID-19: Three institutions partner to produce ventilator
- Cutting government’s ‘afro’ to match the people’s haircut: video analysis
- Supreme Court Nominees: Appointment Committee’s report presented to Parliament
- Debt Exchange: Proposal put forward by government drastic and steep – Prof. Bokpin
- Restructuring Ghana’s Debt: Pay your taxes, reduce size of government – OccupyGhana to Akufo-Addo
- John Kofi Owusu
- KNUST students develop smart farming system
- Nursing and Midwifery Council urges victims of medical negligence to report cases for redress
- Pedro Castillo: Peru’s ousted leader seen with police after impeachment
- Bondholders advised to compel government to reduce its size
- Waterstone Realty Ltd sues government for $4.7m over National Cathedral project
- Education should be priority of government in times of strike – NUGS
- Minority confident of kicking out Ofori-Atta by end of censure motion vote on Thursday
- Political scientist suggests merger of some ministries