The President, Nana Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo, has announced the procurement of 50,000 more Covid-19 test kits.
In a televised address Saturday evening, the President said the kits are “expected in the country shortly.”
He said the Ghana Health Service is stepping up its contact tracing efforts and everyone who has been identified to have come into contact with the infected persons, would be tested for the virus as well.
“More personal protection equipment are being procured to beef up supplies for our frontline health workers,” Akufo-Addo added.
The President also announced the closure of all land, air, and sea borders from midnight on Sunday.
He said anyone who arrives in the country by then would be mandatorily quarantined.
Meanwhile, 21 persons have already tested positive for the virus in Ghana but one of them, a 61-year-old Lebanese trader in Kumasi, has died, leaving the number of active cases at 20.
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
- Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures
- Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
- Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation
- Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Social media users react to arrest of Citi FM’s Caleb Kudah
4 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,519
Seven home-based players included in Ghana’s squad to face Morocco and Ivory Coast
Extraordinary problems require extraordinary measures – Lands Minister justifies burning of excavators
Government’s fight against galamsey camouflage – PPP
Court remands 32 alleged national security operatives accused of mining
Kenyan MPs summoned over bribery claims
#FixTheCountry: Be measured in your expectations of Akufo-Addo due to Covid-19 – Chief of Staff
#FixTheCountry: Pay cut for political leaders will not achieve much – Afenyo-Markin
Kumawood stars grace Mercy Asiedu’s 50th birthday
MTN Ghana donates in support of Eid celebration in Western Region
Inflation rate drifts into single digit of 8.5 per cent in April
Church of Pentecost hands over fully furnished Ejura prison to state
Legatum Center for Development and Entrepreneurship launches inaugural Legatum Foundry Fellowship for entrepreneurs in Africa
Pregnancy should not be a hindrance to your dreams – Nana Adwoa Awindor