Audio By Carbonatix
The eldest son of South Africa's late Zulu King Goodwill Zwelithini has been chosen as successor to the throne, amid a bitter family feud.
Prince Misizulu, 46, was named in the will of Zulu Queen Mantfombi Dlamini-Zulu - his mother - who died unexpectedly last week.
There were dramatic scenes as the will was read out, with some family members openly voicing their disapproval.
Prince Misizulu had to be led away from the meeting by armed security.
The reading took place at the KwaKhangelamankengane Royal Palace on Friday evening, and was televised.
South Africa's Sunday Times reports that the new leader's brother, Prince Thokozani, stood up to question the recognition of Prince Misizulu as heir. He was reportedly shouted down by other relatives.
Queen Dlamini-Zulu was buried earlier on Friday in a private ceremony in South Africa's KwaZulu-Natal province.
She had been appointed regent of the Zulus, South Africa's largest ethnic group, after the death of her husband the king in March.
The throne does not have formal political power and the monarch's role within broader South African society is largely ceremonial. But the Zulu monarchy remains hugely influential and has a yearly taxpayer-funded budget of more than $4.9m (£3.5m).

King Zwelithini, who died from diabetes-related complications at the age of 72, had six wives and at least 26 children. But he picked Queen Dlamini-Zulu as his successor because she was the only wife with royal blood.
The queen's death, at 65, has triggered a power struggle over the succession.
The royal family has dismissed rumours that she was poisoned as a misunderstanding. The cause of the queen's death is yet to be announced.
Prince Misizulu is now expected to lead the Zulu nation of about 11 million people.
Latest Stories
-
Mali renews Barrick Mining’s Loulo license for 10 more years
49 minutes -
Gender pay gap won’t close for another 30 years, warns UK trade unions group
59 minutes -
No free pass for internet platforms on child safety, Starmer says
1 hour -
Andrew’s time as trade envoy should be investigated, says Vince Cable
1 hour -
‘Trump will be gone in three years’: Top Democrats try to reassure Europe
1 hour -
Cuban cigar festival called off as US blockade worsens energy crisis
2 hours -
Head of Dubai-based ports giant quits after Epstein links revealed
2 hours -
Nigeria’s state-owned NNPC records $4.2 billion after-tax profit in 2025
2 hours -
French tourist found dead in Chad after falling off cliff
2 hours -
Asuogyaman MP commissions four projects, breaks ground for more on birthday
2 hours -
GNFS averts potential petrol tanker explosion at Aveme Junction
2 hours -
Ferocious fire at Agatex Paint Factory in Ho contained
3 hours -
MTN Ghana drives nationwide blood mobilisation in partnership with Ho Teaching Hospital
3 hours -
MTN Ghana leads lifesaving blood drive as Ho Teaching Hospital warns of critical shortages
3 hours -
KNUST dominate maiden SEEDAfrique Relay Open Championship in Kumasi
4 hours
