The organisers of the annual Ghana DJ Awards are set to kick off the 2022 edition with a nationwide Pub Fest.
The tour will begin in Accra on Saturday, August 20 and will be hosted by Purple Pub.
The highly anticipated event will feature exciting performances by DJs and top musicians including KiDi, Kuami Eugene and Lumi DMR.
Accordingly, the tour which forms part of the 10th anniversary celebration of the Ghana DJ Awards festival will be held in 10 selected regions across the country.
It will present DJs with the opportunity to exhibit their talents intimately to audiences, help boost their brands while offering great entertainment to music fans.
Merqury Quaye, Executive Producer of Ghana DJ Awards noted that “the ambition of this exciting tour is to make Ghana DJ Awards the most magnetic brand in DJ culture, by championing new DJ talent and all those people making waves in the culture.”
Explaining the need for a Pub Fest, he said that pubs are at the beating heart of African culture.
“They are where people can express themselves freely and be part of a community. Ghana DJ Awards Pub Fest will work with pubs across the country to help throw the spotlight on them as well,” Merqury Quaye stated.
He added that “fusing creativity and fraternization, these cultural locations will be a hub for people to connect and energize each other with creativity, inspiration, and, of course, celebrate our 10th anniversary with us.”
Since 2013, Ghana DJ Awards has been recognized as the barometer for the measurement of performance of DJs in Ghana annually.
Ghana DJ Awards Pub Fest is powered by Joy Entertainment and presented by Merqury Republic Africa with support from EgoTickets and Rhythms Africa.
- Must it take you 2 years to publish alleged $1m bribery audio? – Barker-Vormawor’s integrity questioned
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift