Republic Bank Ghana Limited, a subsidiary of Republic Financial Holdings Limited of Trinidad and Tobago, has attained certification to ISO/IEC 27001:2013 Information Security Management Systems standard.
The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification is further proof of the Bank’s commitment and demonstrated ability to continuously align and improve its processes and controls to internationally recognised standards to:
- Enhance information security governance and management
- Protect customer data, embed security awareness and management culture in its business operations
- Improve information security effectiveness and risk management
- Comply with national and international regulations
- Deliver quality products and services in efficient, reliable and secure manner
The ISO/IEC 27001:2013 certification attained by the Bank came after a rigorous independent assessment of people, processes and technology systems within its operating environment.
Included in the scope of the assessment were the Bank’s Lending Products, Deposit Taking, Transfers and Payments, Wealth Management and Business Advisory services.
The Managing Director of the Bank, Farid Antar, was full of praise to the Board, Executive Management, the Operational Risk team and all staff of the Bank.
He thanked them for embracing and adopting the requirements of the standard and new procedures since Republic Bank took management control of the Bank in 2015.
“This certification proves that not only do we have robust management systems, but also secure information systems and processes complimented by skilled human resources to provide reliable banking solutions to our Customers” the Managing Director added.
“The Managing Director also stated that the attainment of the certification signifies Republic Bank’s commitment to meeting the requirements of Cyber and Information Security Directive by Bank of Ghana as well as complying with all local and international regulatory and compliance standards with the view to improve its operations and meet customers’ changing needs.
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Minority not against National Cathedral – Haruna Iddrisu
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line
- OFFICIAL: Eden Hazard announces retirement from international football
- Ghana to host 1st Ultimate Entrepreneur Competition
- Belgium’s Eden Hazard announces international retirement
- World Lottery boss, other global lottery leaders in Ghana for ‘NLA@60’
- Reduction of benchmark discount may have contributed to rising inflation – Deloitte
- Dilapidated Adjiringanor ADMA Basic School becoming a death trap
- Over 100 injured in Spanish train collision
- George Addo Jnr: Otto Addo leaves behind a Black Stars squad pregnant with titles
- Ghana need IMF badly, return to Fund will improve government’s fiscal position – Deloitte
- China rolls back strict Covid rules after protests
- World Cup 2022: Croatia ready to challenge ‘terrifying favourites’ Brazil – Zlatko Dalic
- ICUMS operations saves importers over high cost of – Ghana Link
- Tanzania cancels independence celebration, diverts funds to build dormitories for kids
- Ghana to send nurses to UK in exchange for money – Health Minister announces
- Soften your stance, engage bondholders on debt restructuring – government advised