The Managing Director of Republic Bank Ghana, Farid Antar, officially retired from active service on Thursday, July 14, 2021, following 43 years of dedicated service to the Republic Bank Group (now Republic Financial Holdings Limited of Trinidad & Tobago), the parent company of Republic Bank Ghana.
With a career spanning over four successful decades of hard work and fortitude, together with professional and practical exposure in the Banking and Financial Services Industry, Mr. Antar, a man of character, has earned the rights to proudly beat his chest for his successes in being widely recognised as a respected CEO in Ghana in a relatively short period.
It was indeed a pomp and pageantry event last Saturday, 9th July, 2022, at the farewell function organised in his honour by Republic Bank Ghana at Kempinski Hotel, Gold Coast City.
The event was attended by the Board Chairman of Republic Financial Holdings Limited, Vincent Pereira; the President/CEO of Republic Financial Holdings Limited, Nigel Baptiste; Derwin Howell, an Executive Director, Republic Bank Limited; Board Members, Executives and Staff of Republic Bank Ghana; Regulators; key Customers; other Stakeholders, Friends and Family of Farid Antar.
From Trinidad to Ghana, Staff to Family, the President of the Group to the Officer in the Bank, many took their turns, through video and behind the event lectern, to pour out their experiences and appreciations to Mr. Antar.
It was indeed an emotional moment for Mr. Antar. The moment of the night was when Mr. Antar mounted the podium to give his farewell speech.
He was full of appreciation to the Board of Directors and Staff (including ex-staff) of the entire Republic Bank Group, friends, family and his dear devoted wife, for their enormous support in his life.
He left attendees with key life-nuggets that had guided him in life and in his career, namely:
- There is never the right time to do the wrong thing, and, there is never the wrong time to do the right thing! – Lou Holtz
- Just because others are doing it doesn’t mean it is right way!
- Every job is a self-portrait of the person who does it. Autograph your work with excellence! – Author Unknown
- You do not take anything with you other than your values and integrity!
“A lot has been highlighted by members of the Board in the videos. I am here to simply sum everything – Farid, you have been Phenomenal!” words of David Addo-Ashong, a Board Member who spoke on behalf of the Board of Directors of Republic Bank Ghana at the event.
Adding to the many accolades from colleague Staff of the Republic Bank Group (Ghana and the Caribbean Territories), Family and Friends, Nigel Baptiste congratulated Mr. Antar for his over 43 years of distinguished service to the Group, culminating with his three-year stint in Ghana.
Mr. Baptiste further commended Mr. Antar for his high ethical standards and integrity throughout his career with Republic Bank, which won him the Pinnacle Award of the Group, the ‘Spirit of Republic Award’, which embodies all the five core values of Republic Bank namely: Customer Focus, Respect for the Individual, Integrity, Professionalism and Results Orientation.
Prior to his appointment as Managing Director of Republic Bank Ghana, Mr. Farid Antar was the General Manager/Enterprise Risk Management at Republic Bank Limited and the Chief Risk Officer at Republic Financial Holdings Limited.
He had previously served in several senior management roles as the General Manager/Corporate Operations & Process Improvement, the Senior Manager/Regional Operations (Overseas), the Senior Manager/Business Transformation, Senior Manager/Retail Delivery & Marketing, Manager/Product Parameterisation & Business Growth and Marketing Manager/Personal & Commercial Lending.
It is evident that the tenure of Mr. Farid Antar as the Managing Director, Republic Bank Ghana witnessed significant milestones and growth.
The Bank significantly increased its profitability and shareholder value, enhanced its brand and visibility (even more so with the strategic location of the Republic Court edifice at the Ridge Roundabout), improved its digital and core services and offerings, consistently witnessed a high employee engagement.
Republic Bank Ghana won many awards during his tenure, including in the last couple of months alone, two prestigious awards at the International Banker Awards 2022, namely the “Best Innovation in Retail Banking Ghana” and the “Best Private Bank in Ghana”.
In recognition of the corporate social responsibility (CSR) impact and the modern classroom and periphery facilities block Republic Bank erected at Berase, a town near Cape Coast, the Chief and People of Berase honoured Mr. Antar as the Nkosuohene of the town with the stool name, “Nana Kofi Osaedeyo I”.
The gentleman came to Ghana as Mr. Farid Antar and he departs the shores of Ghana as Farid Antar – Nana Kofi Osaedeyo I.
- Social media reacts to how youth hooted at Akufo-Addo during concert
- Yaw Tog gifts Stormzy’s mum after Global Citizen Festival showdown
- NDC orchestrated the heckling of Akufo-Addo at Global Citizen Festival – NPP
- 23,495 Ghanaians test positive for HIV in 6 months
- GPLwk3: Amankwah rescues Hearts in Super Clash, Legon Cities win in Tamale again
- Black Stars arrive to rousing welcome in Spain ahead of Nicaragua friendly
- Bagbin has not resigned from Ghana Bar Association – Dafeamekpor
- We refuse to admit that Black Stars’ glory days are no more – Jerome Otchere
- Frontiers Contract contains information we cannot disclose – Ghana Airports Company Ltd
- Super Clash: Kotoko and Hearts share spoils in Kumasi
- Government keen on local production for jobs and wealth creation – Deputy Trade Minister affirms
- Suspected notorious kidnapper arrested in Nigeria
- Shinzo Abe: Why a state funeral for slain ex-PM is controversial
- Ernest Kofi Boateng: Police involvement in civil matters; a case of ‘di wo fie asem’
- Uganda medical workers strike at Ebola hospital
- Law Society of Ghana pays courtesy call on Speaker
- ‘Every player wants to write their name in World Cup history’ – Andre Ayew
- ‘Afcon fiasco was a wake up call for Ghana’ -Andre Ayew
- Amount involved in full bailout of Liquidated Fund Management Firms hits ₵3.65bn – BoG
- Recognise effort of investors – Kwesi Ernest tells artistes
- ‘I want to win the AFCON or World Cup for Ghana’-Andre Ayew
- Foreign investors own ₵31.7bn of Ghana’s debt securities on GSE
- RTI: Requesting information sometimes difficult because public servants are stuck to their old ways – Dr Adjin-Tettey
- Super Clash: Fans want Samuel Boadu’s head, threaten to storm Hearts’ training grounds
- Ghana’s economy to take almost 6 years before full recovery – Professor Bokpin