Majority Leader Osei Kyei Mensa Bonsu says the recent change President Akufo-Addo has made to his government is to reinvigorate his administration.
His comment follows the President’s reshuffle of Ministers following the resignation of Trade Minister, Alan Kyerematen; Agric Minister, Dr Owusu Afriyie Akoto and Chieftaincy Minister, Ebenezer Kojo Kum.
As required by the 1992 Constitution, the President wrote to the Speaker of Parliament, informing him of the new changes in government on Tuesday, February 7.
New persons have been appointed while other ministers have been reshuffled to other ministries.
Speaking on JoyNews’ PM Express, the Majority Leader noted that the change would bring new ideas to the administration.
“Well, people wanted to see some new faces and to maybe help generate new ideas onto the table to reinvigorate the administration. And I think that is the purpose of this reshuffle.
“I’ve seen some people aside from the two mentioned; Stephen Amoah has come on board, Amin Adam has gone from Deputy Energy to Finance and he’s a very versatile personality, I think that he may also positively affect the Finance Ministry.
“So let’s leave it to see how much it will translate into positivity for government and indeed for the country,” he said.
- 3 die, 8 go blind as FDA cautions against certain eyedrop brands
- Parliament approves all six ministerial nominees
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Minority MPs oppose approval of 2 Supreme Court Justice nominees
- Playback: MPs voting on approval of Akufo-Addo’s ministerial appointees
- Akufo-Addo laughs over Volta Regional Minister’s new nickname- ‘Triple 66’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- ‘I’ll direct that your hand be cut off one day’ – Speaker teases Afenyo-Markin
- We’ve had positive talks with China over $1.7bn debt – Finance Minister
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Principal fired after Florida students shown Michelangelo statue
- Vatican returns Parthenon sculptures to Greece
- Chad nationalises assets belonging to Exxon Mobile
- NPP Bono Regional Organizer supports TESCON with 200k
- This woman left her AirPods on a plane. She tracked them to an airport worker’s home
- Cedi depreciates by 22.1% in March 2023 – BoG
- I am not ready to die – Bagbin says as he calls for adjournment of prolonged sitting
- Ghana’s debt unchanged at ¢575.7bn – BoG
- Government makes additional payment for outstanding coupons
- Speaker congratulates approved ministerial nominees
- Playback: One-on-one with Prof Ofori Birikorang on PM Express
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- 1.4 million tons of food are lost annually along the food chain
- Funeral is a huge business – Veteran broadcaster Yaw Okyere
- They’re your battle scars – Yul Edochie urges Funke Akindele to restore deleted politics-related posts