Kwesi Nyantakyi’s half-sister –Ama [Salima] – has confirmed the Ghana FA boss’ religious status as a Muslim with an Islamic name ‘Osman’.
The GFA boss surprised many when he swore by the Holy Quran when he made his debut appearance before the Presidential Commission of Inquiry.
The situation degenerated into a heated exchange with one of the Commissioners – Moses Foh- Amoaning wanting to know the religious faith of Kwesi Nyantakyi who until now has been widely considered to be a Christian.
But Nyantaki’s half-sister on the matrilineal side – Ama [Salima] – confirmed the GFA boss has been a practicing Muslim since his childhood and also revealed his brother’s Islamic name as ‘Osman’.
“Kwesi Nyantakyi is my brother [of the same mother] and we are all Muslims,” she told an Accra based radio station in a telephone interview from her base in Wa.
“But he [Nyantakyi] has been using the name ‘Kwesi’ for a long time and that is why he is widely known as such.
“But his Islamic name is ‘Osman’.”
Nyantakyi had through his lawyer Thaddeus Sory confirmed to the commission that his client was a Muslim by virtue of having taken his oath with the Holy Quaran.
- Number 12: Sannie Daara cleared of wrongdoing, GFA free to re-appoint him
- Osinachi’s husband charged with homicide
- GES did not undertake $1.2 million ‘phantom’ training under my watch – Matthew Opoku Prempeh
- Major shake-up hits ECG as new MD reshuffles top 14 officers
- 10-bedroom apartment burnt in Thursday afternoon fire in Kumasi
- Mr Ibu hospitalised again
- NPP regional elections: 6 ‘suspicious’ persons arrested in Northern Region
- We may hear Adwoa Safo via zoom – Privileges Committee
- NPP Council of Elders in Ashanti region set to boycott Regional Executive Elections
- One dead after armed men attack gold dealer’s shop at Anyinam on Accra-Kumasi highway
Mahama congratulates Queen Elizabeth II ‘on the joyous occasion’ of her platinum jubilee
Armed female bystander kills man firing at party in West Virginia
Assin North: Court of Appeal dismisses Gyakye Quayson’s Stay of Proceedings
Watch the French Ambassador attempt to speak Twi
Ghana signs $69.88 million renewable energy agreement to enhance electricity access
Joy Business Reporter and Anchor Charles Ayitey wins award
Speaker reiterates need for passage of Affirmative Action Bill
AfDB Governors adopt 10 years strategic plan
‘I will not recognise any naked person in this House again’ – Speaker on MPs dressing
University of Energy and Natural Resources cuts sod for the construction of a sports complex
Livestream: Newsfile discusses Accra flooding and rescuing Achimota forest
Ethiopia unrest: Sudden arrest of 4,000 spells fear in Amhara
How ex-Gambia President Yahya Jammeh’s US mansion was seized
Trump: US should fund safe schools before Ukraine
IOM Ghana launches ‘Waka well, fa kwan pa so’ campaign to inform youth about migration-related decisions