The Parliamentary Select Committee on Transport has expressed satisfaction at the aviation subsidiary of the McDan Group of Companies, McDan Aviation’s private jet terminal at the Kotoka International Airport (KIA) in Accra.
This was revealed by Deputy Minister for Transport, Hon. Hassan Tampuli when the Committee visited the McDan Aviation’s private jet terminal on yesterday.
According to him, the Company has submitted application to regularize the signages and that the Committee from what it had seen so far regarding the installations and physical structure, is satisfied.
He indicated that the Agencies under the Ministry of Transport, Civil Aviation and the Airport Company have so far expressed satisfaction and so is the Committee.
This paper has also gathered that the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) has also given its final clearance to the McDan Group of Companies to operate its Private Jet Terminal at the Kotoka International Airport.
The private jet terminal, located at Terminal One of KIA is expected to deepen the country’s quest as the gateway to the subregion for business and investment purposes.
The Managing Director of GACL, Mr. Yaw Kwakwa in an interview with the media when he took the Committee members round the facility said, the tussle between GACL and McDan Group could have been avoided if the later had met the GACL to discuss matters of concerns as far as the operations of the terminal is concerned.
He however indicated that, the Committee is now satisfied and hence the Company can operate.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Debt Exchange: Do not touch our pensions – TUC warns government
- Livestream: PM Express discusses African teams’ performance in 2022 World Cup
- Let’s collaborate to strengthen bargaining position on gold pricing – Lands Minister to South African delegation
- Economic Management Team has failed us miserably – Mona Quartey
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Don’t criticise people who give thanks to God! — Bishop Saah warns
- Immediately exempt pension funds from debt exchange programme – GMA tells government
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- GSTEP team transforming plastic wastes into plastic houses
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Virologist alarmed over typhoid drug resistance; says vaccine is needed
- 2022 World Cup: Morocco beat Spain on penalties to book quarterfinal spot
- Transforming women health leadership for improved health outcomes
- Not one pesewa of pension funds will be lost to Debt Restructuring Programme – TUC
- Building a Village Dream premieres Dec. 8 on Joy Prime
- Akufo-Addo commissions Afienya Road Over Bridge on Tema-Mpakadan Railway line