The 2nd Lady of Ghana, Samira Bawumia, has donated assorted medical supplies and equipment to the Bono Regional Hospital in Sunyani.
The donation, through the Samira Empowerment and Humanitarian Projects (SEHP), is to help the regional referral center deliver quality healthcare to its clients.
The wife of the Vice President, Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia, told the management and staff that SEHP is one of their partners from now into the future, and assured them that, “The equipment is the first of many things we hope to do for this hospital”.
Even before the presentation of the equipment, Mrs. Bawumia, accompanied by the Bono Regional Minister, Justina Owusu Banahene, and some Municipal and District Chief Executives toured the facility to interact with patients and staff.
“I would like to thank you (management and staff) for all the successes and hard work. I have been around the hospital and I am impressed with what I saw -the quality of care, how clean you have kept the place, and how equipment is in good shape”, she expressed.
The Medical Director of the hospital, Dr. Cardinal Newton, on behalf of the management and staff, expressed their appreciation to the 2nd Lady, describing some of the items as timely.
He said they would be collaborating with SEHP for support on their ANC project and further called on other individuals, groups, and institutions to support them to offer the best care to their patients.
The 2nd Lady also donated food and beverages to the hospital, some of which she shared for some patients, including children, as their Christmas package.
Earlier the Bono Regional Minister led Mrs. Bawumia to the Sunyani and Chira Traditional Councils on a courtesy call.
The queen mothers, Nana Akosua Dua Asor Brayie II and Nana Yeboah Pene II appealed to the government to speed up development in their areas, especially on the Sunyani-Kotokrom-Chira road, healthcare, and educational facilities.
- Petrol, diesel now sell at ¢15.25, ¢15.90 per litre at pumps
- Stonebwoy revisits VGMA brawl with Shatta Wale on The Breakfast Club
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Debt exchange: I don’t want to believe there are conmen in government – Carbonu on pensions
- UTAG-GIJ threatens to withdraw from UniMac merger
- Cedi to remain stable against dollar
- Fire kills mother, 2 daughters at Abuakwa
- You’re not alone – Kalybos mourns with Ahuofe Patri after her mum’s passing
- Ghana’s economy to rebound in 2024 – IMF
- Police investigate alleged murder of Gospel musician’s brother by officers
- Akufo-Addo commissions 300-bed capacity soldiers’ block at 37 Military Hospital
- JoyBusiness Masterclass: Organisations urged to prioritise mental well-being of employees
- Newly refurbished Yendi Emergency and Trauma Centre to boost healthcare
- Sack Ofori-Atta, Agyeman-Manu, Oppong Nkrumah, others over Covid-19 expenditure – NDC
- Agenda 111: Government not committed to completing projects – Akandoh
- Worldreader and Sabre Education announce partnership on World Read Aloud Day
- Government bridges the gap between industry and TVET
- NDC slams ‘Akufo-Addo government’ over ‘naked thievery and misuse of covid-19 funds’
- Hemang Lower Denkyira MP collaborates with Ghanaian-German Centre to tackle unemployment
- Dear Unc’ Kwesi Yankah – RE: Dear Ace, are we celebrating independence this year?
- Antonio Conte to undergo gallbladder removal surgery
- Qualification to 2023 World Athletics Championships is a huge relief- Deborah Acquah
- GRA descends on Melcom over issuance of fake electronic VAT invoices
- TiTi Owusu returns with new single, ‘Odo Ntia’
- GNAT donates canoe to Lawoshime and Wenyagor basic schools