Scores of Burkinabes have fled across the border into Ghana following attacks by suspected terrorists.
The displaced Burkinabes are currently camped across the border at Widnaba in the Bawku west municipality of the Upper East Region.
Officials have confirmed a total of 2000 new arrivals over the past two weeks.
JoyNews’ correspondent, Eliasu Tanko visited one of the camps hosting about 117 victims mainly women and children including weeks-old babies who are pleading with Ghanaians to assist them with shelter and food.
According to him, since the refugee’s arrival into the country, they have been sleeping in cold weather for more than two weeks.
He added that they do not have enough water and food supplies because the countries they are fleeing from are impoverished with limited resources.
The latest on this is that Ghana’s Security and Defense Forces have taken up positions along the border with Burkina Faso following weeks of terrorist violence in nearby communities of the neighboring country.
The Upper East Regional Security Council held an emergency meeting with top security commanders of the National Special Forces on the ground to reassess the situation along the border.
The security has also intensified security patrol along the borders including the approval of air requests if need be.
- Akufo-Addo swears in 3 new members of Electoral Commission
- ECG disconnects power to Ho Airport, GRA over debt
- Fella Makafui reacts after Twitter user accuses her of ‘sleeping’ with Medikal’s ex-manager
- Overborrowing is one of Akufo-Addo’s biggest mistakes – Prof Adei
- ‘Western Togoland’: 5 secessionists handed 5 years in jail each
- Ludacris hangs out with Sarkodie in Ghana, fans speculate new music
- Ghana v Angola: Kingsley Schindler replaces injured Tariq Lamptey
- Cedi may record mixed performance to dollar this week
- Putin says ties with Africa a priority to Moscow
- GALLERY: Best pictures from Black Stars training at Accra Sports Stadium on Monday
- Ghana’s economy is still afloat because of Alan Kyerematen’s vision – Buaben Asamoah
- Intimidation of journalists is on the rise – Kweku Andoh Awotwi
- I have already won Ayawaso West Wuogon NDC primaries – Fred Nuamah
- Livestream: One-one-on with Managing Director of ECG on PM Express
- EC has become an annex of the NPP – Sammy Gyamfi
- If you move right, you don’t need 10 shows to be okay – Kelvyn Boy
- Akufo-Addo is packing EC with known NPP members – Kofi Adams
- 3 JoyNews journalists win big at Merck Foundation 2022 Media Recognition Awards
- I want to be President to build a new Ghana –Kwaku Kobeah
- Essence of marketing is creation of strong brands – Nsarkoh
- Christiana Awuni explains why ‘slay queens’ can’t quit having body enhancement surgeries
- Spend wisely, desist from expensive borrowing – GSE boss to government
- GOIL supports Appiatse Disaster Fund
- Headmasters can’t stop students from reporting to school over prospectus – Education Minister tells parents
- It’s been an insightful experience – Funke Akindele breaks silence after losing elections