A sixty-year-old farmer who allegedly threatened another farmer had appeared before a District Magistrate court in Enchi.
The accused, Kingsley Baafi Boateng, pleaded not guilty to the charge of the threat of harm and the court presided over by Mr Eric Baah Boateng granted him bail in the sum of ¢5,000 with a surety to re-appear on February 3.
Prosecuting, Detective Inspector Joseph Kwadwo Agyare told the court that, the complainant and accused live at Obourkrom in the Aowin Municipality.
He said the complainant was working on a disputed land involving the accused person and his uncle called James Twumasi.
The prosecution said during the month of December 2020, Boateng went to the said parcel of land and met the complainant and another person harvesting cocoa there.
According to Inspector Agyare, the accused person who was then holding a cutlass angrily confronted them and said “If you don’t leave the farm, you will see what will happen to you”.
He said the complainant and his friend managed to get hold of the cutlass in Boateng’s possession and dragged him to the elders of the community who advised them to report the matter to the police.
He said the accused was handed over to the Police to assist with investigations and later charged.
- #FixTheCountry: How an IGP meet-up turned into a ‘Cabinet Meeting’, without the IGP – Convenor reveals
- Blunt and Blay: Real reason why the Church won’t allow a Muslim student to fast in a ‘Mission School’
- National security cloned #FixTheCountry protester’s mobile phone – Barker-Vormawor alleges
- #FixTheCountry organisers exhibited ‘bad faith’ during National Security meeting – Godfred Dame
- We tried to have children for about 10 years – Ebo Whyte’s wife recounts
- Akufo-Addo has not lived up to expectation – Kofi Bentil
- I have no regrets participating in ‘OccupyFlagstaffHouse’ protest – Kofi Bentil
- Vehicle towing cost to be borne by insurance industry – NIC Commissioner
- It’ll take time for government to get economy back on track – Kojo Oppong Nkrumah
- Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Collapsed gold mine kills at least 15 in Guinea
Mother’s Day: Your hard work will never go unrewarded – Lordina Mahama
AU Heads of States direct AfCFTA negotiations to be concluded by June
Electoral Commission has no beef with NDC – Bossman Asare
Joe Ligon: America’s ‘longest juvenile lifer’ on 68 years in prison
Gunmen kill seven police officers in Nigeria
China rocket debris ‘disintegrates over Indian Ocean’
Playback: Church service with Pastor Mensa Otabil
Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez v Billy Joe Saunders: Mexican wins with eighth-round stoppage
Benjamin Azamati qualifies for Tokyo Olympics 200m event
Ghana recorded 10,684 newborn jaundice cases in 2020
Takoradi Technical University establishes Cyber-security Centre
Covid-19 remains a threat to national security – Interior Minister
Armed robber nabbed in Tema
Driver arrested for robbery at Gindabor, 5 others on the run in Savannah Region