Ghana’s Deputy Ambassador to China, Dr Charles Dwamena has encouraged Ghanaian entrepreneurs in China to share their experiences with one another to move Ghana beyond aid.
He said this at the opening ceremony of the maiden Ghanaian Entrepreneurs Business Forum which was held from the 9-11th of August in Beijing under the auspices of the Ghana Embassy.
The program, which is the first of its kind to be held by an African Embassy in China, brought together 28 Ghanaian entrepreneurs based in China as well as those from Ghana to share ideas and experiences.
The Deputy Ambassador thanked the Chinese experts for making time off their busy schedule to share their experiences with the Ghanaian entrepreneurs and also expressed appreciation to the Chinese Embassy for facilitating the participation of the entrepreneurs from Ghana.
Participants benefited from presentations on topics including business and product registration procedures in China, Government of Ghana’s incentives for entrepreneurs, Investment and capital access for foreign businesses in China, China labor laws and protection for foreign investors as well as Start-ups, Entrepreneurships and Innovation Ecosystems in China.
The speakers included Lawyer John Kumah- CEO of NEIP, Mr Liang Guining – China Ministry of Commerce, Dr Zhouwei Luo- Deputy Director of the China Council for the Promotion of International Trade, Lawyer Ellen Zhong – Partner and Head of International Affairs of Shanghai River Delta Law, and Madam Bella Guo – Project Director of Shanghai Global Expertise and Talents.
Other speakers included Mr Sylvester Achereko, Head of the Consular Section of the Ghana Embassy in Beijing and Madam Gaelle Ayamou – Co Founder of Duapa Africa.
Participants commended Dr Dwamena for conceiving the idea to bring Ghanaian entrepreneurs in China together and thanked Mission for making the idea a reality. They promised to put to use, the knowledge gained at the forum upon their return to their various cities so as to expand their businesses and make the country proud.
- Ablakwa kicks court writ on the ground upon service by bailiff
- Rev Kusi Boateng injuncts Ablakwa from further publications on him
- Growing list of companies ordered by GRA to pay back-taxes
- Rev Victor Kusi Boateng sues Ablakwa for defamation
- GOIL attributes drop in diesel price to Gold for Oil barter deal
- I’ve instructed my lawyers to act on Rev Kusi Boateng’s injunction against me – Ablakwa
- Check out Akufo-Addo’s reaction as Black Sherif performs for him
- Diana Hamilton reveals why she won’t talk about National Cathedral
- Ex-policeman gets death penalty for lawyer’s murder
- Jihadists may have infiltrated Bawku – Upper East Regional Minister
- Musk found not guilty of fraud over Tesla tweet
- Man shot by police was cleaning out – family
- Number of staff suing Twitter ‘goes up daily’ – lawyer
- Nursing and Midwifery institutes prioritising theory over practical skills – Oncologist
- I started smoking at the age of 11 – Musician OJ Blaq reveals
- Ebenezer Kojo Kum resigns as Chieftaincy Minister
- President Akufo-Addo accepts Chieftaincy Minister’s resignation
- Livestream: One-on-one with Seth Terkper on PM Express
- I did national service in Aliu Mahama’s office despite being NDC member – Sam George
- Flora Tissue grants renowned actor Fred Amugi’s 74th birthday wish
- I’m unable to confirm whether 1st gold for oil consignment was paid in cash – Deputy BoG Governor
- I’ll later explain my comment about people who watch movies for long hours – Yaw Dabo
- University of Ghana VC must go – Concerned students demand
- Groundworks underway for construction of modern film studios in Ghana, West Africa – Idris Elba
- GRA withdraws $672m back-tax demand from MTN Group