SIC Life Insurance LTD has embarked on a blood donation exercise to help stock the National Blood Bank with blood.
The initiative in collaboration with the National Insurance Commission (NIC) and the National Blood Service was held at the Accra Technical Training Center (ATTC).
Some students of ATTC voluntarily came to the venue to donated blood to support the Ghana Blood Service.
Head of Corporate Services of SIC Life, Albert Bahun-Wilson said the focus on schools is to get young and energetic students to donate blood to stock the Blood Bank.
“We are here to encourage young vibrant students with fresh blood to donate to stock the blood bank” he stated.
The SIC Life Corporate Services indicated that, the initiative forms part of the company’s Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) to support the health sector and impact positively on the lives of Ghanaians.
Mr. Bahun-Wilson added that, donating blood to save lives was in line with the work of SIC Life, which provides insurance to assist people in times of need.
For her part, the Principal Blood Donor Recruitment Officer at the National Blood Service, Sophia Blankson lauded SIC Life and NIC for the initiative.
She anticipated that, initiative by SIC Life and NIC would help the National Blood Bank exceed its target.
Sophia Blankson thanked the management and students of ATTC for coming out in their numbers to support the event.
She appealed to all Ghanaians, corporate bodies and religious organisations to donate voluntarily to save the lives of the less privileged in society.
- Black Stars’ Christian Atsu reportedly missing after earthquake in Turkey
- Medical Doctor gets emotional on Joy FM over debt exchange
- My loss to Manny Pacquiao was deliberate – Joshua Clottey
- Photos: British actor Idris Elba visits Manhyia Palace
- 5 injured as Bibiani Zongo residents clash with Asante Gold Corporation security men
- Muntaka accepts Minority leadership reshuffle after meeting with Mahama
- Over 1000 dead as huge quake toppled buildings in Turkey and Syria while people slept
- Government unlikely to pay ¢4.185bn 5-year bond maturing on February 6, 2023
- Cedi continues recent gain against dollar; $1 now ¢10.40
- Individual Pension Bondholders picket at Finance Ministry to demand total exemption from DDEP
- Benjamin Azamati finishes third behind Noah Lyles in New Balance Indoor Grand prix
- We pray Christian Atsu is found safe, sound – Akufo-Addo
- We are set for 1 District, 1 Doctor initiative – Volta-Oti GMA Chairman
- Turkey earthquake: Our thoughts and prayers are with Christian Atsu – GFA
- Turkey earthquake: Three female Ghanaian players confirmed safe
- Algerian opponent Amira Bouraoui arrested and kidnapped in Tunisia
- Haruna Iddrisu accepts changes in Minority leadership
- Pentecostal and Charismatic Council presents communique to government
- Let’s continue to pray for Christian Atsu – Mahama to Ghanaians
- 321live: Season 2 premieres this February
- Imo State University confers doctorate degree on UBA CEO Oliver Alawuba
- ‘God, please’ – Asamoah Gyan prays for Christian Atsu, other celebs join
- Ankaful Psychiatric Hospital offers free treatment to former ‘NSMQ shark’
- Christian Atsu missing: Social media users pray for him
- It is sad BoG unlawfully printed $3.3bn for government – IEA Director of Research