Ghanaians on social media are astounded by the passage of the Electronic Transaction levy (E-levy) Bill in Parliament.
The Majority-sided Parliament on Tuesday approved the Bill that has seen strong opposition from the Minority side.
Reacting to its passage, some Twitter users say they are dissatisfied with government’s action despite concerns raised by citizens.
According to users, some Ghanaians have already started withdrawing their monies from their Mobile money accounts.
But for a section of the users, the passage comes as good news and the appropriate gift to President Akufo-Addo as he celebrates his 78th birthday today.
The passage of the E-levy Bill comes few hours before the much-anticipated Ghana vs Nigeria match scheduled for 5pm today at Moshood Abiola Stadium, Abuja.
Because of this, some Ghanaians say they will not be supporting the senior national team.
Ghanaians are yet to be informed by government when the President will assent to the Bill and when exactly it takes effect. The E-levy is now at a rate of 1.5%.
- Halt operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Lands Ministry tells Chairman ‘Wontumi”s mining company
- Mankessim murder: Accused persons allegedly confess to killing 2 more people
- SIM re-registration: National Security has warned Akufo-Addo against blockage – Deputy Minority Whip
- Police confirm another murder orchestrated by Mankessim suspects
- Video of alleged ‘galamsey’ men in gun battle with authorities emerges on social media
- Banking Sector Clean-up: We should have allowed institutional disciplines to work – Alhassan Andani
- Prosecution is an attempt to tarnish his reputation – Danadams Pharmaceuticals CEO lawyers
- State TV off-air amid gunfire in Burkina Faso
- Banking sector crisis was not systemic – Alhassan Andani
- GRA set to roll out E-invoicing from tomorrow October 1
- GRA descends on 3 auto service stations for failing to issue VAT invoices to customers
- Show commitment to ‘galamsey’ fight by prosecuting Akonta Mining firm – John Jinapor dares government
- UK-based Hendon Golf Club donates to develop juvenile golf in Ghana
- Kuneli releases new single ‘Make I Know’
- ‘A well-deserved honour’ – Bawumia eulogises Dr. Addo Kufuor as new Chancellor of KTU
- Dog owners, breeders to raise 5k doses of anti-rabies vaccine for free vaccination in Ashanti Region
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- 23 senior high schools attend WiSTEM KNUST Stanbic girls’ camp
- Invest in Africa’s climate adaptation transition – One.Org invites world’s wealthiest countries to support Africa
- Insecurity, self-doubt and fear nearly crushed my dreams but I triumphed – UPSA Law School valedictorian
- I won’t think twice about a Ghana call-up – Salis Abdul Samed
- Directive for Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm to stop work not enough, A-G must step in – OccupyGhana
- Ibrahim Gusau elected Nigeria Football Federation president
- Ghanaian footballer in the US dies in car crash
- Sadiq Abdulai Abu resigns as CEO of 3Music Networks