The Ministry of Youth and Sports has commiserated with the families of the six young footballers who died in the Offinso River accident.
“The Ministry on behalf of the Hon. Minister, Isaac Kwame Asiamah expresses its condolences to the bereaved families and the entire football fraternity,” part of a statement signed by the Communication Directorate of the Ministry read.
The statement follows the death of some six young footballers after the bus they were travelling in plunged into the Offinso River.
The incident also left four other children in critical condition, while the remaining 26 were sent to the Offinso St. Patrick Hospital for medical treatment.
In an interview with JoyNews, the Police Motor Traffic and Transport Department commander, DSP Edmund Nyamekye said, the driver of the vehicle lost control and landed in the Offin River.
But while registering its condolence, the Ministry assured that appropriate measures will be taken to avert future occurrences.
- France to end its military presence in Niger by end of 2023 – Macron
- Ghana’s gross reserves stood at 1.0 month of import cover in August 2023; trade surplus hits $2.016bn – BoG
- Alan to speak on Monday on political future after quitting NPP flagbearer race
- Livestream: The Probe discusses impact of #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest
- Dr. Sa-ad Iddrisu: Historians must document all human rights violations under Akufo-Addo’s watch
- Yaw Nsarkoh: Osagyefo & The Madiba: Global Africa in Search of Transformational Leadership in the 21st Century
- Ghanaian forward Ibrahim Sadiq gets assist as AZ Alkmaar win big in Eredivisie
- Nhyira Fm’s Mama Effe honoured at Mali’s 63rd Independence celebration in Kumasi
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: I am here for Ghanaians, not NPP or NDC – Stonebwoy
- GPL 2023/24: Hearts of Oak beat 10-man Nsoatreman; Aduana beat Medeama
- Ghanaian youngster Raymond Anokye Asante scores in back-to-back games after injury return
- Ghanaian winger Joseph Paintsil scores first goal in Genk’s dramatic draw against Truidense
- Premier League: Darwin Nunez helps fire Liverpool to win over West Ham
- One injured in gas station fire at Katamanso
- Premier League: Watkins winner piles more misery on 10-man Chelsea