Ninety young footballers selected from the Northern and Southern trials of the second edition of the Betway talent Search showed up on the 8th September 2018 at the Lizzy’s Sports Complex at East Legon to battle it out for a spot in the Betway Talent Search Camp.
The Betway Talent Search technical team which is led by its brand ambassador and icon Stephen Appiah visited Tamale, Sunyani, Kumasi, Cape Coast and Accra to scout for young unsigned footballers within the age range of 18 – 25.
Other members of the scouting team include Maxwell Konadu, Eric Antwi Ofori, Mohammed Gargo, Sam Johnson, Godfred Aduobe, Seth Pearson, Kamaal Sait and Godfrey Malambule.
The 24-man squad selected will be in camp from Saturday 8th September 2018 to Friday 14th September 2018. The players will be taken through extensive fitness and training sessions. They will also be taken through educational seminars on footballer’s do’s and don’ts, self-introspection, cardiopulmonary resuscitation(CPR) and first aid.
The selected players are Kwaku Duah, Issahku Muntari, Amo Mensah Isaac, Aziz Muta, John Amoah, Ibrahim Abdulai, Dankwa Stephen, Julius Twum Ampofo, Djabatey Kofi Sumaila, Clement Boahen, Nerrick Ofori Tonaldo, Adam Musah, Jacob Kingston, Holyfield Djanie, Richard Osei, Abdallah Amadu, Simba Sylvester and Ishmael Alhassan.
The rest are Sadat Mohammed, Mark Kwesi Anim, Dodzi Mensah, Shadrack Owusu Mensah, Tettey Emmanuel and Robert Gyamfi.
Whilst in camp, the Betway Select Team is expected to play against two top Ghana Premier League Clubs, namely, Dansoman based Liberty Professionals Football Club and Tarkwa based Medeama Sporting Club at the Lizzy’s Sports Complex.
Eight winners from this year’s edition of the Betway Talent Search will be drafted into the Betway Ghana sponsored clubs; Ashgold Sporting Club, Medeama Sporting Club, Liberty Professionals Football Club and Aduana Stars Football Club.
The Betway Talent Search was introduced in 2017 by the sports betting firm as part of its continuous efforts to develop sports in Ghana.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- EPL Wrap: Man City return to top, Spurs grab late winner
- Defender Smalling signs new Man Utd contract
- 2019 Africa Cup of Nations: Caf confirms bids from SA and Egypt
- CAF CC: Kotoko hold Kariobangi to goalless draw in first leg
- Mohamed Salah named BBC African Footballer of the Year 2018
- Jose Mourinho: Man Utd 'far' from being built in my image
- Active football in Ghana to resume next month
- Coca-Cola Minigolf League: Six clubs set for finals
- Eunice Beckmann to hold charity event for street kids in Accra
- Full list of revised shortlists for 2018 CAF Awards
- Partey fails to make Caf 10-man shortlist for Footballer of the Year award
- Egypt FA in U-turn over 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- WTA gives increased protection for returning mothers on tour for 2019
- Morocco decide against 2019 Africa Cup of Nations bid
- UCL: Real Madrid suffer record home loss to CSKA Moscow