Agona Swedru based athlete Ishmael Arthur emerged winner of the 2019 Asante Akyem Marathon held on Easter Monday.
The 42.97km marathon, which drew over 300 participants from across the country, took place within the Agogo township in the Asante Akyem District. It started at Agogo State secondary school and ended at the Agogo lorry park.
Image: Ishmael Arthur
Ishmael finished first in the men's category with a time of 2:49:06, whereas Kudanu John, last year's winner, finished third with Richard Kweitu securing the second position.
In the women's division, Abdulai Ramatu came first with Titi Rosina second while Amanda Kotambe came third.
In the Juvenile category, Abu Nuri Seth emerged the winner with Nkansah Deborah placing second while Diana Antwiwaa came third.
This year's Asante Akyem Marathon was the third edition following a successful organisation of the first and second editions in previous years.
Have your say
More Sports Headlines
- 'Zidane is a disgrace!' - Bale's agent slams Real Madrid boss
- Ghana Football Awards: Partey retains Footballer of the Year crown
- Pacquiao beats Thurman on points to take WBA Super welterweight title
- CAF Competitions: Kotoko set for Nigerian challenge and Ashgold get Equatoguinean opponents
- Herve Renard resigns as Morocco coach
- Sports Minister to brief parliament on AFCON2019
- Bale 'very close' to exit - Zinedine Zidane.
- AFCON 2019: The tournament of the underdog
- Man Utd reject Inter Milan's £54m Lukaku bid
- The #JoyAFCON Team of the Tournament
- Senegal 0-1 Algeria: Five things we learned
- Algeria win Africa Cup of Nations with fortuitous early goal
- Parliament: Sports Minister summoned to explain poor AFCON showing
- 'I'd swap Champions League medal for Afcon' - Mane
- BHOBU-POGA Health Walk slated for July 20