St. Mary’s Seminary Senior High School’s Old Students Association has commissioned a renovated school dormitory at Lolobi in the Guan District of the Oti Region.
The dormitory which forms part of the phase one of the school’s Facelift Project, undertaken by the Old Students Association is an effort to contribute its quota in solving the school’s numerous problems.
The project, which included water reservoir and borehole water pump, was commissioned by the Deputy Minister of Education, Mr. John Ntim Fordjour.
In a speech, the President of the Old Students Association, Mr. James Oberko said the gesture is in response to an urgent call to provide a befitting facelift for their Alma matter.
Mr. Oberko said it is the school which has made them who are they today, therefore, it is their turn to give back.
According to him, the school is noted for its high moral discipline and excellent academic performance but over the past 26 years, those virtues have dwindled due to general lack of support.
St Mary’s Seminary Senior High School (SMASCO) was established in 1961 with 16 students, but it currently boasts of 804 student population.
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Cristina Fernández: Argentina vice-president found guilty of corruption
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears