Government has urged media houses and Journalists in other parts of the country to take advantage of support programmes aimed at building their capacity.
The Information Minister, Kojo Oppong Nkrumah, who made the appeal during an interaction with the Volta Regional branch of the Ghana Journalists Association (GJA), said the programs are not only restricted to media houses in the national capital.
He said the National Media Commission (NMC), which is the implementing body tasked by Cabinet, will soon embark on regional sensitization engagements on the programs with stakeholders.
The two programs, Media Capacity Enhancement Programme and the Co-ordinated Mechanism for Safety of Journalists, are aimed at creating a conducive and safe environment for media practitioners.
It is also to enhance their capacity to effectively play their role in consolidating the country’s democratic gains.
The Information Minister appealed to the media to continue to collaborate with government on its current efforts to get the economy back on track post-Covid through the acquisition of more vaccines, the injection of 100 billion cedis into the economy through the Ghana Care Obantampa program and focusing on security in Ghana following the recent terrorism threats in the subregion.
- You are on your own – John Kumah tells bondholders who reject debt exchange programme
- I’ve been given over ¢100k ‘haircut’ on my investment – Franklin Cudjoe
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Black Sherif is the voice of African youth – Akon
- GMA rejects debt exchange programme
- World Cup: Rating every member of Ghana’s squad
- Economy is in crisis, we need Debt Exchange Programme to get IMF Staff-Level Agreement – Abena Osei Asare
- 81 aspirants vie for 14 national executive positions in NDC
- Moody’s downgrades GCB Bank due to debt restructuring
- Ghana in talks with Dubai oil refiner to barter gold for fuel
- Addis Ababa: Adom FM Editor Kwasi Agyeman invited to join APRM Communications Network
- I have been battling prostate cancer for a year – KSM
- VP Bawumia named among 100 most influential Africans
- Appointment Committee approves 2 out of 4 Justices nominated to the Supreme Court
- Maame Ekua Otenewa Oduro: The Russia-Ukraine war: A silver lining for Africa?
- Strengthen the statistical ecosystem – Prof. Annim to GSS Advisory Committee
- ‘Expedite action on land digitalisation process – Akufo-Addo charges Lands Commission
- Qatar 2022: We could have excelled if we knew each other – Salis Abdul Samed
- S&P downgrades Ghana’s long-term local currency bonds to “selective default”
- College of Physicians and Surgeons to undertake fellowship training programmes in regional hospitals
- Soya sector players call on government to appoint new leaders along value chain
- Phones in the right hand, books in the left – WASSCE vs mobile phones
- Salis Samed tips Kudus, Kamaldeen to lead Black Stars’ resurgence
- KSM urges government to seal financial loopholes and cut the number of ministers
- Don’t entertain unfaithfulness in your relationship – Counselor advises women