Audio By Carbonatix
Taylor Swift's father will not be charged over accusations he assaulted a paparazzo in Australia.
Ben McDonald, 51, told police Scott Swift, 72, struck him in the face on a Sydney wharf on 27 February. He did not need medical help.
A spokesperson for Swift at the time said two people had been behaving aggressively towards the megastar.
After a month-long investigation, New South Wales police on Tuesday said no further action would be taken.
The confrontation happened after Mr Swift and his daughter disembarked from a yacht, in the hours after her final Eras Tour show in Sydney.
A video published by Australian media shows the singer, who is concealed beneath an umbrella, walking with her father and security guards along Neutral Bay Wharf at about 02:30 local time (15:30 GMT).
Cameras flash before two voices - reported to be a photographer and a guard - accuse each other of touching umbrellas. It is unclear whether the footage captures the alleged incident.
Mr McDonald previously told the BBC Swift was already inside a car when Mr Swift "charged in" and attacked him without provocation.
"I've been doing this for 23 years and I haven't been in a situation where someone's hit me in the chops," he said.
However, the singer's representative said: "Two individuals were aggressively pushing their way towards Taylor, grabbing at her security personnel, and threatening to throw a female staff member into the water."
Known as "Papa Swift" by fans of the pop icon, Mr Swift has been accompanying his daughter on her global Eras Tour and left the country shortly after the incident.
Latest Stories
-
The Republic of Uncompleted Dreams…
4 minutes -
Gov’t will not bow to pressure to restore old cocoa producer prices – Mahama Ayariga
37 minutes -
Ghana Medical Trust Fund saves ICT tutor’s life
52 minutes -
Family of rescued baby demands justice as Odododiodio MP urges stronger security measures
57 minutes -
This Saturday on Newsfile: Burkina Faso attack, Ofori-Atta off red notice and CJ’s petition dismissal
1 hour -
Ghana Link dismisses ‘missing’ transit truck claims
1 hour -
French soldier dies after being shot in the head during ‘game’ with other soldiers
1 hour -
Urgent research needed to tackle AI threats, says Google AI boss
1 hour -
Digital harassment against women MPs undermines democracy – GenCED
1 hour -
Birim North Police, Blue Water Guards arrest illegal chainsaw operators in dawn raid
1 hour -
Rare prison sentences handed to Cameroon soldiers after killing of 21 civilians
1 hour -
Birim North Police, Blue Water Guards arrest illegal chainsaw operators in dawn raid
2 hours -
Court remands Mamprobi baby thief as prosecution alleges syndicate plot
2 hours -
‘World Cup ticket isn’t a free pass’ – US Embassy warns Ghanaian fans against visa overstay
2 hours -
Christian Council of Ghana calls for inclusive justice on World Day of Social Justice
2 hours
